cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Sync, does it work?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mobile Sync, does it work?

I turned on Mobile Sync when I got my Instinct last week and it still won't sync with the website. When I go into Settings and click on Mobile Sync it says my choice is being registered and to check back later. It has been saying that for 4 days now.

Tags (2)
12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Nope. I have the same problem, as does almost everyone el...

Nope. I have the same problem, as does almost everyone else. I've spent hours with tech support, pulling my hair out as they passed me on to ever-higher-ups who either disconnected me or had no idea what to do about it. I finally reached a "gasp!' native english speaking guy who was candid enough to acknowledge the mobile sync problem and worked with me for hours trying to find a work-around. No luck. He also said I should consider myself fortunate - as many customers were suffering a far greater range of dysfunctions with their Instincts and Sprint's buggy system.

Journeyman

Egidio, thank you!! The instructions at the link you post...

Egidio, thank you!! The instructions at the link you posted worked for me. My contacts are syncing now.

Journeyman

Re: Egidio, thank you!! The instructions at the link you post...

@Xennor wrote:
Egidio, thank you!! The instructions at the link you posted worked for me. My contacts are syncing now.

Xennor,

You're welcome. It's odd that you must disable and enable in order for things to work. I didn't think that was needed because on my profile, the two Instincts were already showing. Somehow, the icons appear on the page, but the user really needs to "claim" the new phones.

Journeyman

Yea! The disable / enable trick worked! Thanks, Egidio. W...

Yea! The disable / enable trick worked! Thanks, Egidio. Who needs Sprint tech wizards, anyway?!

Journeyman

"The system could not validate login for unknown rea...

"The system could not validate login for unknown reasons." That's the message I get everytime I try to sync using the desktop sync program. I know the login credentials are right because I've logged onto the Sprint site using them a bunch of times to be sure. Is anyone else having this issue? I've already been escalated way up the ladder with Sprint tech support and they really had no idea what it could be.

Journeyman

Re: Yea! The disable / enable trick worked! Thanks, Egidio. W...

@Kinetic52 wrote:
Yea! The disable / enable trick worked! Thanks, Egidio. Who needs Sprint tech wizards, anyway?!

LOL... You're welcome. Well, the Sprint tech folks need to monitor these forums. That's where we're all learning.

Journeyman

Mine is working now too! Thanks.

I had the issue where my phone was already showing up on my account, but I sent the code and updated it anyway.

Now it is working.

Finally!

Journeyman

@dhoward21home wrote:

I had the issue where my phone was already showing up on my account, but I sent the code and updated it anyway.

That was my case, too. The phone icon was already on the main page.

Now, if only the calendar could be just as reliable...

Journeyman

Thank you everyone!!!! I got mine working by first disabl...

Thank you everyone!!!! I got mine working by first disabling Mobile Sync on the web site, then closing the window, retarting my phone, logging back into Sprint.com and enabling Mobile Sync. But then it wasn't wasn't loading my contacts onto the web site, although it would transfer to my phone. So I followed the second part about going to the "edit my online profile" second of the web site and adding the Instinct phone (although it was already there). Once I entered the code they texted to my phone, Mobile Snyc then displayed all my contacts Woohoo! Thanks again. I love my phone!!!

Journeyman

Re: Mobile Sync, does it work?

I finally got all my contacts into mobile sync, and then on to my phone. But now, when I make any changes to the address book on the mobile sync website, and click on "synchronize" the changes are not being made on my phone. This was 3 hours ago and the changes still have not come through. Any ideas??

Journeyman

I have been trying since Friday to get Mobile Sync to wor...

I have been trying since Friday to get Mobile Sync to work. I have tried all the tricks and be on the phone with tech support for hours and still nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat