cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Synch

Journeyman

Mobile Synch

It stopped working yesterday morning. Anyone else having this problem?

Tags (2)
14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman

Re: Mobile Synch

Is anyone else having this problem? I make changes to my online contact list. It does not update my phone. It used to work. What is strange, is when I update my phone, it updates the online contacts.

Journeyman

Anyone from Sprint have any suggestions?

Journeyman

have you turned on the auto lock feature recently?

have you turned on the auto lock feature recently?

Journeyman

I seemed to be having the same issue. I turned on the aut...

I seemed to be having the same issue. I turned on the auto-lock (having to enter a pin every time you come back from sleep mode), and then later turned iit off, and around that time it mobile sync seemed to stop working. When I turned back on the auto lock, mobile syncing started working again.

Journeyman

Re: I seemed to be having the same issue. I turned on the aut...

Turned on autolock, no luck.

Journeyman

When you are updating your address book are you doing on your computer in outlook or going to the sprint.com, logging in and going to the mobile sync address book there?  If you are doing it online after loading the numbers online there is an option to force a sync to go through.  Also while you are doing a sync the device needs to be not doing anything else i.e. making/receiving calls, texting, surfing the web.  If you are updating the address book on your computer but not at the website when do you it on the computer does it update to the website at all through the mobile sync desktop software?  If this is the case then may check to make sure settings for mobile sync desktop are set to both ways and not website to desktop only.

Journeyman

@Sprint151 wrote:
When you are updating your address book are you doing on your computer in outlook or going to the sprint.com, logging in and going to the mobile sync address book there? If you are doing it online after loading the numbers online there is an option to force a sync to go through. Also while you are doing a sync the device needs to be not doing anything else i.e. making/receiving calls, texting, surfing the web. If you are updating the address book on your computer but not at the website when do you it on the computer does it update to the website at all through the mobile sync desktop software? If this is the case then may check to make sure settings for mobile sync desktop are set to both ways and not website to desktop only.
It syncs OK when I update my phone. It does not synch the changes I make online, even when I try to force the sync. You mention checking my settings. Where do I do that?

Journeyman

The settings are for if you make changes to your computer's address book or the online address book to sync down to your computer.  These settings can be found by opening Mobile Sync Desktop on your computer, clicking on settings then clicking next twice and choosing the Transfer method.  If you are manually typing in the contacts at the website and then they are not synching down to the phone from there this is a different issue.

Journeyman

@Sprint151 wrote:
The settings are for if you make changes to your computer's address book or the online address book to sync down to your computer. These settings can be found by opening Mobile Sync Desktop on your computer, clicking on settings then clicking nexttwice and choosing the Transfer method. If you are manually typing in the contacts at the website and then they are not synching down to the phone from there this is a different issue.

I am not talking about Mobile Sync Desktop. I am typing in contacts on the contact list sprint webstite. It used to work. Please help.

Thanks

Journeyman

I am having the same issue.

I just received my replacement Instinct and can not get my contacts to sync to it from my back up on the Sprint site.

I really don't want to be having to enter them all again.

Sprint Product Ambassador

I'll ask around...

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat