cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music Player crashes after playing 1 song

Highlighted
Journeyman

Music Player crashes after playing 1 song

When using the music player, it sometimes crashes after it finishes playing a song. At times, it will play several songs before crashing. It only appears to occur in shuffle mode, and will occasionally happen when the next song button is hit. The message given is uncaught exception, application closing. Is an update to the application going to be available to fix this issue, or is it something isolated to my phone or music library?

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

To add to this (unless I am missing something) why does t...

To add to this (unless I am missing something) why does the player not have a stop button. I basically have to back out to the main screen and select another option to get the player to stop the current track.

Journeyman

I am having the same issues. I made sure some of the song...

I am having the same issues. I made sure some of the songs that were erroring were straight from a CD. No reason for it. I also noticed getting the errors when I was not in shuffle mode. It is consistent with the song though. Each time that song is played it closes the player. It closes both players though, on the phone and on the computer. If there is a answer or way to trouble shoot it, please post. I hate seeing the "uncaught exception" error.

Journeyman

I have continued to have this problem and noticed it only...

I have continued to have this problem and noticed it only occurs with certain song files. It happens regardless of player mode (shuffle, by artist/album, etc.). All of my songs are imported from CDs using iTunes and the same compression and import settings, and they all play fine on my computer. It would appear the Player has problems with certain files, but I do not know what causes the problem with only certain files. I have downloaded over 800 songs onto a 4GB card, and the problem is happening now to about 1 in every 8 or 9 songs.

Journeyman

I decided to try to connect my phone to my computer and o...

I decided to try to connect my phone to my computer and open the Windows Media Player. I played my songs through the Media Player on my Computer and it worked fine. It is definetly something to do with the Phone's Player and/or software. Hopefully enough have complained so it will be fixed soon.

Journeyman

I noticed that my music player on my phone won't play son...

I noticed that my music player on my phone won't play songs with special characters like foreign accent marks. If you edit the name of the file on your computer it should be able to then play it. I hope that helps.

Journeyman

Re: I noticed that my music player on my phone won't play son...

how about a little more info

are you using the media manager to transfer the music or dragging into the folder from with in windows

best way would be the media manager as it may need to alter the file slightly for compatability

Journeyman

I keep getting an error message saying I've exceeded the...

I keep getting an error message saying I've exceeded the maximum number of songs and I should delete some to be able to accesss my music player. First of all what is the maximum no. of songs? I can't find any info on it. Also after deleting some songs I still get the same error message. Can anyone tell me how to use the SD card adapter? I don't see any info on that either.

Journeyman

I'm getting the uncaught error message too. It's making m...

I'm getting the uncaught error message too. It's making me angry. It happens anytime a song cannot be played. Before it let me choose to: delete from library, continue or, cancel and it would reset to the library page. Now no matter which option I choose; it locks up with an uncaught exception. And it never even "deletes from library" like it's supposed to. To make matters worse it takes about 5mins(I timed it with a stopwatch) for the instinct to read my 8gig mem card. Pain in the butt. It happens all the time. More often when I try to sort or explore the library instead of just playing the songs direct from the player. Is there a plan to fix this like they fixed the weather app???

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat