cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music issues and suggestions

Highlighted
Journeyman

Music issues and suggestions

Some suggestions and issuesI have for the Music application. Feel free to add your own are tell me how to fix my issues.

Issues:

1. There appears to be a limit on the number of wma files.
  2. Battery consumption
    1. I listen to music throughout the day via my Bluetooth stereo headset and was very disappointed that half way through the day my battery was critically low.

Suggestions:

1. FLAC support
    1. Most of my music collection is in FLAC format so anytime I want to have that on my phone I have to convert it. Very time consuming.
  2. Separate volume control
    1. I always have to adjust the volume when I launch music to hear it proper on my headset.
  3. Track display on Bluetooth
    1. This may be a priority function of my Bluetooth headset but it's suppose to be able to display the track. Is this part of A2DP?
  4. Statistic
    1. Play count, skip count, etc.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Patron

The limit thing drives me nuts! I dont have any wma files, and says it has exceeded. A top function would be very nice, along with a better interface and other options.

And how do you display something that does not have a screen? O.o

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ability to configure the application and a better interface would be very nice.

I do have a screen on my Bluetooth headset. Sony Ericsson HBH-DS980

Highlighted
Patron

With all honestly, it IS the first time I've seen something like that. I have the Moto S9.

Probably showing the song could be either the headset programing, or the phone software. Be sure to check the headset's user manual

Highlighted
Journeyman

There also appears to be an issue with unicode file names. It doesn't like characters like:

and

Highlighted
Patron

@SystemIdleProcess wrote:
There also appears to be an issue with unicode file names. It doesn't like characters like:

and

Nor spanish characters such as , , , etc. It drives it crazy, nd renders the song unplayable.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If I want to play a particular album from start to finish I can't do it in order. When I pull up an album it lists the songs in alphabetical order and plays them that way (unless shuffle is on of course). I can't play an album in the same order as on the cd. . . . For example, I have The Wall by Pink Floyd. Well there's a particular order the songs are in. I can't play them in that order on the Instinct, but I can when I play them on my ipod. It's not that big of a deal, but when I want to listen to that album it annoys me. . . .

Highlighted
Journeyman

As we all seem to think the MP works but otherwise pretty much sucks. Best workaround for arranging songs on an album and grouping an album by various artists is to create playlists in the order you want. This is a serious pain and a HUGE disadvantage in the race with the big A, especially since I have to do this on my phone since Sprint Media Manager won't even work.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat