cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music not showing up on my phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Music not showing up on my phone

Ok, so I've been transferring music to my Instinct, and for the most part, it all shows up...but certain songs/albums are simply nowhere to be found on my Instinct! I don't get it, because when I connect the phone to my computer and open up the Music folder, I can see the files of the songs that are missing, but they don't show up ANYWHERE on my phone when I try and play them. What's going on? How can I get my music to show up??

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Music not showing up on my phone

Download a tool like MP3Tag or something that allows you to edit MP3 tags. If you select all of your music and remove the album art, everything will magically display properly...

One more thing though, after the album art is removed, take the memory card out, open the music player (it will tell you to enter a card). Insert the card, then press "Go To My Music" if it doesn't reload on its own. If you don't do this, it doesn't seem to update the library properly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also check the format of the songs which are not showing up on the Instinct as well; just to make sure those particular songs are in a compatible format.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Are you using the sprint media manager to move the files?If you need to change the format as stated above, go download a program called "Switch" very user friendly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

my music won't play at all, it says i exceed maxium...but i only have 62 songs on it, how can this be?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat