cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music player upgrade

Journeyman

Re: Music player upgrade

That's what I was hoping our music guy could figure out for us.  Obviously turning the phone off and back on again isn't the solution we are looking for.

Something happened on the last update that just made the music player.....I don't know, act up....

lwm hasn't been on in a few days, so I hope he's close to identifying the problem and is working on a speedy update for us.

Kind of glad you posted latinmaxima, this confirms I'm not just pulling lwm's leg and this is a real issue, thanks for the back up...

Journeyman lwm
Journeyman

I didn't forget you guys, just lining up all the ducks here to make sure I get all the facts. Should have something in the next few days.

Journeyman

Thanks lwm! We appreciate your efforts in this matter..

By the way, if your looking for beta testers on any possible improvements, I'll glady volunteer...

Journeyman

Thanks lwm from me as well. This is really the only issue I have with my instinct. I have been very fortunate that I have not had some of the issues others have but the music player was one of the top features I chose this phone for. It is still one of the best benefits for this phone if it can work properly again.

Journeyman lwm
Journeyman

I'm back.

1. The fix for the incorrect versions of Instinct is being pushed out shortly, ~ 1 week max. Users with the incorrect version will be automatically pushed the latest, correct version and code has been put in place to ensure that this doesn't happen again. The problem was "psuedo" ESNs in use at Sprint, meaning that they are not guaranteed to be unique and there were rare cases where two users with different handest shared the same ESN which caused us to push out the wrong version.

2. For the limitation of # songs that can be loaded on Instinct we have conducted an investigation and our findings have been reported to Sprint and I promise you they are taking it very seriously. I don't work for Sprint but for a partner of theirs, so I cannot speak for them on this but I'm optimistic.

Sprint must evaluate the problem in terms of other applications running on the device and in the context of the Instinct's hardware and firmware. I'll keep you posted.

Journeyman

Do you know what exactly will be updated? ...Such as: will song limit be fixed, will foreign symbols be suported, will it stop cutting off text and will it start listing songs by song title and not artist? Refer to this post for details.

Journeyman

Ok...bumping this thread too.

Song limitation...do you have an estimate when this issue

will be resolved? Seems the same limitation we experienced were

passed on to the new HD owners.

Any info would be greatly appreciated guys

Highlighted
Patron

lol, I started laughing as soon as I saw this post. Instinct HD, ha ha ha! At this point a person would have to be a dang fool to purchase anyhing with the name : Samsung Instink. If we've been complaining since around June, stating that this crappy phone has a crappy music player why would you guys put the same crap on another phone? That's just craptastic!

I think we should all have the Wylie Coyote sign, "HELP!" but I doubt it will ever happen. Defective goods just like the Acme company Wylie shops at.

Journeyman

It really shows you how important Samsung Instinct owners are to Sprint. No resolution for the music player, the web browser, email, calculator, and the mirad of issues. I really do think we remaining and former Instinct users should consider legal action.

Journeyman

jogomez721 wrote:

It really shows you how important Samsung Instinct owners are to Sprint. No resolution for the music player, the web browser, email, calculator, and the mirad of issues. I really do think we remaining and former Instinct users should consider legal action.

Legal Action like that means class action, which are a joke at best.  Lawyers make millions and then sprint will be forced to give the folks who bring the suite a 25 dollar gift certificate.  For what? To buy another bogged down crappy phone?  Its a waste of our energy.  The best thing to do is just leave sprint, people wonder why sprint sheds customers!

Journeyman

any progress?

Journeyman

Go to this post to track the music player issues. I'm demanding Sprint tech support to give us all a difinitive answer to this 1+year old problem. I'll request that you do the same if they don't get the ball rolling on this one.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat