cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Instinct learned a new trick.

Journeyman

My Instinct learned a new trick.

My phone rings and it announces "call from contact A" So I just automatically answer without really paying attention to the name and number listed on the phone (driving g at the time) Only it wasn't contact a...it was "contact borderline stalker". So I am now in a conversations with a contact I've assigned as a ringer "Every Breath You Take" to. Oh joy.

Ok I chalk it up to a freak software glitch at the time, but it happened again with two different contacts. Why is my phone randomly picking out contacts instead the contact that is actually calling? Grrrrr....I really don't talk to everyone in my contact list. Some of them are still there so I know to avoid answering the call at all cost.

I have removed the battery in hopes of resetting the phone. It' has happened at least once more since then. It doesn't happen every time I get a call...it seems to be random.

Anybody know what gives? I definitely am not enjoying this new feature

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Yeah, that is a crazy "trick." My phone just au...

Yeah, that is a crazy "trick." My phone just automatically calls someone from my contact list and allow them to listen in on whatever face-to-face conversation I am having with someone. It just seem like the phone says "oh, this sounds juicy...let me call up what-his-name so he can listen in on this." The phone needs work. The more bugs I hear of, the more I wonder if Samsung feels too overwhelmed to fix them all.

Journeyman

Re: My Instinct learned a new trick.

Desi you have a function turned on, on your phone called "Voice Notification".  This is why your phone is announcing the person calling you.  You can turn this off by going to Main>Settings>Ringers; at the bottom of the page is the option for Voice Notification and need to turn this option off.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think you misunderstood the original poster. The phone...

I think you misunderstood the original poster. The phone tells him/her that a particular person in her contact list is calling her but when she picks up the phone, it is actually someone else in her contact list that is calling her than what the phone is saying. In other words, the phone says "Amy" is calling but it is actually "Fred" that is calling.

Journeyman

Re: I think you misunderstood the original poster. The phone...

@Greego wrote:
I think you misunderstood the original poster. The phone tells him/her that a particular person in her contact list is calling her but when she picks up the phone, it is actually someone else in her contact list that is calling her than what the phone is saying. In other words, the phone says "Amy" is calling but it is actually "Fred" that is calling.

That is correct Greego. Wrong contact being announced on the call. The call history lists the correct contact information. However the contact announced when the call came in is incorrect. And the names are Gregg as dissimilar as Amy and Fred so there's no way I misheard the name. The unwanted caller was not in my recent contact list...that is until this call. And he sure isn't in my favorites list. The other wrongly announced calls were from contacts in either my recent call list or favorites lists.

Greego... now that's just what I need, to have my conversations overheard because I have a busybody phone that likes to randomly dial.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat