cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My disk that came with my instinct will not download on my computer it stays on please wait

Highlighted
Journeyman

My disk that came with my instinct will not download on my computer it stays on please wait

It then says error with downloading i retry and it continues to say the same thing. can someone help me out with this i hate to waste all this money

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Maybe you should return it and just get a basic phone. Th...

Maybe you should return it and just get a basic phone. This way you don't need to worry about "downloading" from the disk.

Journeyman

Re: My disk that came with my instinct will not download on my computer it stays on please wait

Did you check the system requirements? It's on the Instinct box.

Journeyman

im having the same problem as u cshflow...i was able to i...

im having the same problem as u cshflow...i was able to install it on my other computer thats running xp but i still have issues with it. It doesnt recognize my phone once i plug it in. anyone no the fix to that? As for what loonymike posted....why are u even on the forum? if ur just gonna respond with some smartass remark then they have different forums for jackasses like urself.

Journeyman

There is a issue that Samsung and Sprint have noticed wit...

There is a issue that Samsung and Sprint have noticed with the Software CD there are going to putting the software up on Sprint.com/download. The CD for some reason does not have the correct drivers for the Instinct.

Journeyman

go to sprint/downloads and then down load the drivers, it...

go to sprint/downloads and then down load the drivers, it worked for me, know i just need to figure out my email and how to get my audible content loaded.

Journeyman

Re: There is a issue that Samsung and Sprint have noticed wit...

What is the next step if this does not work?.....I am getting the error message that my phone is not connected to the computer, but the phone shows that it is connected to the compluter and it still won't activate the media manager.

Journeyman

I don't konw if this will help. But I don't use the Sprin...

I don't konw if this will help. But I don't use the Sprint Media Manager. Got to My compuert and minimize. When you connect your Instinct to the usb port pull my computer back up. then click on the drive that associates with your phone and you will get your card files. Open the file that you what to download to ( ie. music, media) then click to drag file the file you weant on your phone to the file. You should get a tranfer screen once down loaded disconnect the phone and your file should be on your card. This is how I put movies on my phone.

Journeyman

or you could just bypass the media manager altogether. I...

or you could just bypass the media manager altogether. I have had the instinct since july now, and I have not used media manager once. I put the sd card in my sd reader and plug that into the usb port on the computer and drag whatever i need into it. I now have some 200 songs and lots of pictures that i transferred over from my old phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat