cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone freezes EVERYTIME I GOES TO LOW BATTERY

Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone freezes EVERYTIME I GOES TO LOW BATTERY

For some reason everytime my phone goes into low battery mode, my phone freezes and It takes me to either speed dial or lock mode..... anyone else have this problem? This is a bug that NEEDS TO BE FIXED!

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: My phone freezes EVERYTIME I GOES TO LOW BATTERY

Dilig3nt,

What is the make and model of your device? I would be happy to do some research on the issue for you. If you have TEP on your device you can also take it to your nearest Sprint store to have it checked out. Have you recently downloaded any third party applications? I would be happy to do some basic troubleshooting for you or you can always chat in and have an ecare agent troubleshoot the device for you. PM me with some general information about the phone and I will send you what I know.

Sincerely,

SabbyKnows

E Care

Floor Support Agent

Journeyman

we all own samsung instincts on this forum.

we all own samsung instincts on this forum.

Journeyman

I am also having this issue and it has only happened since the latest firmware update. I usually encounter it when browsing the web. Not that it doesn't freeze during other activities, this is just what I always seem to be doing when the battery gets low. After the phone resets, I can re-enter the web browser, but it is really annoying to get kicked out and wait for it to reset every time this happens.

Journeyman

Give the Instinct a chance, It is a great phone with minor problems(which will be fixed) when the iphone came out it had problems too, give it time/ patience is a virtue

Master

Journeyman

Re: we all own samsung instincts on this forum.

19771979mikebesty,

Thanks for letting me know the name of the forum!!

Journeyman

Dilig3nt,

This is a bug that needs to be fix, however, the phone came with two batteries, you think they saw this coming? This phone has a lot of capabilities and what it can do with the web I believe is what is causing so much power to be drained from it. The best advice I can give is for you to watch the battery and when you see it getting low connect it to the charger and continue surfing. Then once you are done, change the battery out. This is a temporary fix to the issue, but I think it may help a bit. I am by no means a tech genius or whiz but hopefully this will soon be corrected.

Journeyman

@Levi4u wrote:

@dole wrote:

Give the Instinct a chance, It is a great phone with minor problems(which will be fixed) when the iphone came out it had problems too, give it time/ patience is a virtue

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat