cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My roaming only option on my Blackberry 8330 disappeared after software upgrade, what do I do now?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: My roaming only option on my Blackberry 8330 disappeared after software upgrade, what do I do no

@sweet greggo wrote:

I think all carriers have to provide roaming, but don't quote me on that.

The instinct does roam - and onto verizon/alltel so coverage is actually very good. This issue is that the phone won't switch carriers if it sees a Sprint signal at all, even if it is so weak that the calls get dropped.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: My roaming only option on my Blackberry 8330 disappeared after software upgrade, what do I do no

@lesmikesell wrote:

@sweet greggo wrote:

The instinct does roam - and onto verizon/alltel so coverage is actually very good. This issue is that the phone won't switch carriers if it sees a Sprint signal at all, even if it is so weak that the calls get dropped.

I realize that, my comment was about mark asking why carriers would give the option to switch to roam, or to roam at all. I believe they have to, but this may just be hearsay on my part.

As to your comment, yes if the phone sees a Sprint signal, no matter how weak, it will try to connect to it. This is why I can't use it at work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There is the airrave, but I don't know how that would work in an office environment - or why you should have to pay for Sprint's lack of working coverage.

Highlighted
Wizard

@sweet greggo wrote:

@lesmikesell wrote:

@sweet greggo wrote:

I realize that, my comment was about mark asking why carriers would give the option to switch to roam, or to roam at all. I believe they have to, but this may just be hearsay on my part.

As to your comment, yes if the phone sees a Sprint signal, no matter how weak, it will try to connect to it. This is why I can't use it at work.

I didn't mean that they shouldn't offer roaming. I meant they shouldn't allow you to choose to only use another carrier's network ala the "roaming only" option on your phone. That just drives up the cost on everyone to off set the increased usage of off-network users. I think it is a wonderful feature that roaming is included, but I have had that for about 5 years or so and barely think about it anymore. But when I first got it, it came with the stipulation that over 50% of my usage had to be ON network for Sprint otherwise they would charge me extra....not sure if that still holds. I also get terrible signal at work and do have to be nearish a window to get a decent signal, but there is no other carrier that does dramatically better in my area in this building. That is the game of every Carrier though is "how good their network is" and where it has the least dead zones. What I don't understand is why companies haven't invested in boosters in buildings in an attempt to attract those employees of that work place. Our building houses 300-400 people, many of which aren't near windows or work in subbasement-floors....a built in airrave like system for a carrier would be wonderful to have.

Highlighted
Journeyman

well unfornately it sounds like your option is too go to another carrier.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat