cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFL live mobile radio shuts off????

Journeyman

NFL live mobile radio shuts off????

I just got my 3rd replacement Instinct M-800 and when the screen shuts down to go into standby mode it stops playing the nfl mobile live app and radio. I used this app last year and never had an issue. Now i have to set the phone display to never turn off to listen to the game but this kills the battery. Anyone know how to get around this problem? Thanks!!!!

11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Re: NFL live mobile radio shuts off????

Same issue here yesterday too.  Push the top button to shut off the screen and instead of the audio continuing, it lost connection until I turned the screen back on....even hitting the back arrow at the bottom of the phone, instead of backing out to the last page I was on, it completely exits the app.

Your right though...drains the battery quick not being able to shut the screen off...

Some of the issues...so far

Journeyman

Not working right today either.  After the update, it keeps cutting off and the radio is not working (or rarely works....).  Please fix.

Wizard

Yes, this update was terrible for the radio, tower to tower transitions on my drive home dropped the audio every time.  Then the app started crashing.  I redownloaded the app from Sprint and it still didn't work well.  I had audio for about 2 minutes, then it kept dropping out.  And as was noted above, the screen turing off, turns off the radio.  Why can't they increase the volume on this also????  (I have all volume mods in place)

Not sure if anyone else got this, but a couple of times, when I started the application, it would crash, then reopening it would prompt me to select my favorite team again, then again, then again......then white screen of death, crash and lock up entire phone.  Had to pop the battery out.  This has never happened before while running this app. 

Perfect timing too, just in time to ruin my entire 6 hour drive home without being able to hear anything but the Titans/Texans game on the car radio AM.

Journeyman

I had the "select your favorite team" screen happen to me too.  I would like to suggest that they name this program NFL Delay, because I left my house on Sunday at halftime of the Vikings game, when I hit the drive-thru I open NFL Not Live and checked the scores, but it said that the Vikings game still have 6 minutes left in the 2nd half.  Very helpful.  The audio turning off when the screen turns off is possibly the dumbest oversight.  I don't recall this happening last year.  Sprint, great job on this.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

mmark27 wrote:

Perfect timing too, just in time to ruin my entire 6 hour drive home without being able to hear anything but the Titans/Texans game on the car radio AM.

Good thing you had an exciting game on the radio then.

Journeyman

Hello I own the Instinct 800 and mine too shuts off when you are listening to the radio stations. I was listening to the Cowboys and Panthers game on Monday night. Is there going to be another upgrade to fix this problem? This upgrade seemed to make things worse and I'm not sure if it has to do with the cd 27 update or not? Please let me know Thanks.

Journeyman

I'm guessing it's bandwidth alone and phone independent. NFL Mobile Live needs to greatly enhance their service since Sprint is advertising this application at every commercial on TV.

Journeyman

I have the same issue. Listening to game audio on my instinct stops after 30 secs. If I constantly change the vol, it keeps playing.

Sprint TV/Sprint Radio/Pandora all seem to override the 30 sec screen lock. But NFL modile seems to be unable to

perform this simple task making game day audio useless on the Instrinct M-800.

Sprint, are you there??? ETA on software update???  Do you even care????

Journeyman

You are correct. I finally got the radio to work last night for the Saints v Falcons and it streamed fine, but as soon as my Instinct M800 went into lock mode, the radio shut off. BUG, BIGTIME. So the only way I can listen without draining my battery quickly is turning the lock off, and plugging it into the wall. This is unacceptable. So while the buffering and stopping is a bandwidth problem via Third Party, the turning off during lock is a Sprint problem. Sprint, you there?

Journeyman

Hello I have the same problem with my NFL mobile live. I listen to the radio for thirty seconds screen goes dim and it shuts totally off. I even went to sprint store and showed them last Sunday. I went back for my replacement phone and it still has the same problems.  I have black instinct m-800 is this a software issue because i wrote to handson.com the makers of NFL mobile live and they told me it was a sprint issue. The only way i can get my radio to stay on is to go to settings  display and on backlight set off to lock key only. The only problem is it seems to drain the battery faster. I go through two or three batteries on any sunday. Please let me know if there is a fix for this Thanks Howie.

Journeyman

From what I can see, most apps, like Pandora and Sprint TV disable the screen lock when playing. So the app for NFL Mobile Live just needs to disable screen lock on boot, otherwise everyone owning an Instinct M-800 needs to disable that before starting up the app. If Handson created this app, then they need to include this minor fix, otherwise it's not a big deal to go into Main > Settings > Display and disable it manually. To me, the biggest problem is that I did not know this before searching the boards on the internet and testing it out myself. I thought something was just plain wrong with the app. Now that I disable it before booting up, everything runs fine. As for draining your battery, doesn't your battery drain if you're running TV or lots of web surfing? If you can, just use the AC adaptor then you won't have to worry about running out of battery, or if you're mobile, you might want to make sure you have a backup battery charged. This goes beyond NFL Mobile Live, but it's more of a problem with phones like the Instinct on lack of longstanding battery efficiency.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat