cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation Downgrade Process - restore from .23 to .21

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Navigation Downgrade Process - restore from .23 to .21

For the people that had the flawed version .23 navigation update, we are working on resetting the distribution servers to push version .21 back to your handsets.  

How does this work?

a) app client checks with app server to see if a newer version is available, by comparing the version number (2.1.0.21 VS 2.1.0.23)
b) once confirmed, the app client sends a request to the server to confirm if a binary is available.
c) once confirmed, show the upgrade prompt on screen.

d) when the user accepts the upgrade prompt, download and install the new client.

Does anyone see the problem?  .23 will always trump .21 we may have to create a .24 release consisting of the .21 code, or modify step (a) to say .23 is invalid, push .21.

There will be quite a bit of work going on throughout the day.  Once we have solid information I will post in this thread. 

Message Edited by wengla02 on 09-12-2008 08:40 AM
Message Edited by wengla02 on 09-12-2008 08:58 AM

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Patron

@wengla02 wrote:

GPS does not work well indoors. It requires a clear view of the southern sky to pick up the satellites. It may be using tower-based location, where it gives you a rought approximation of your location based on triangulation off of the cell towers.

This cannot be corrected - it's simply how GPS works.

If I stand outside, directly in front of my house, it shows me at the wrong address... like 3 or 4 houses off.

This problem makes the "record location" feature almost useless.

Message Edited by Drybonz on 09-13-2008 03:27 AM

Journeyman

It appears as though the Nav upgrade/downgrade is out. For now, I have bypassed it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My GPS downgraded back to .21 about 4 hours ago.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat