Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation - plan itinerary on computer and send to Instinct

Highlighted
Journeyman

Navigation - plan itinerary on computer and send to Instinct

I stumbled upon this neat feature in the Instinct this afternoon. If you go to Sprint's Navigation website, you can log on to it and enter any address you want to send to the Instinct. For instance, you can plan a given itinerary for your upcoming vacation. It's a lot easier to enter the addresses on the web and have them sync with your Instinct. They'll show up on your favorites. Here's what you can do:

(1) Log on to Sprint Navigation: http://navigation.sprint.com/snweb/

(2) You'll be asked to log in with your Instinct phone number and a 4-digit PIN.

(3) Find your PIN using the Instinct: go to Main > Navigation > Share & More > About > Your PIN.

(4) Go back to your computer and log in.

(5) Enter any addresses you want directions for and save them.

(6) Go back to your Instinct and check "My Favorites." You'll need to refresh them. Your addresses will then appear there.

Edit:

You can also log on directly to telenav.com using the same phone/PIN combination. You have more options there.

Message Edited by Egidio on 07-09-2008 09:37 PM

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Navigation - plan itinerary on computer and send to Instinct

Yup!

It is especially much easier if one is running just a "dumb" phone with no QWERTY keyboard like my -7050.

One more thing I sometimes do is to have the site display the map/directions for a vacation drive, then print them out just-in-case I end up within spitting distance of nowhere with no signal...

That may seem rather "belt and suspenders" to some, but in the trip I just took to Montana there were significant areas in the Bitterroot Mountains with essentially no signal...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Egidio, they really outta pay you for posting this stuff...

Highlighted
Journeyman

@rutledjw wrote:
Egidio, they really outta pay you for posting this stuff...

LOL... That was a good one. No, I'm just happy to be discovering new things with my new toy. Eat your heart out, iPhone (yeah, I'm a Mac user in case you have not noticed that in my sig).

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat