I stumbled upon this neat feature in the Instinct this afternoon. If you go to Sprint's Navigation website, you can log on to it and enter any address you want to send to the Instinct. For instance, you can plan a given itinerary for your upcoming vacation. It's a lot easier to enter the addresses on the web and have them sync with your Instinct. They'll show up on your favorites. Here's what you can do:
(1) Log on to Sprint Navigation: http://navigation.sprint.com/snweb/
(2) You'll be asked to log in with your Instinct phone number and a 4-digit PIN.
(3) Find your PIN using the Instinct: go to Main > Navigation > Share & More > About > Your PIN.
(4) Go back to your computer and log in.
(5) Enter any addresses you want directions for and save them.
(6) Go back to your Instinct and check "My Favorites." You'll need to refresh them. Your addresses will then appear there.
You can also log on directly to telenav.com using the same phone/PIN combination. You have more options there.
It is especially much easier if one is running just a "dumb" phone with no QWERTY keyboard like my -7050.
One more thing I sometimes do is to have the site display the map/directions for a vacation drive, then print them out just-in-case I end up within spitting distance of nowhere with no signal...
That may seem rather "belt and suspenders" to some, but in the trip I just took to Montana there were significant areas in the Bitterroot Mountains with essentially no signal...
Egidio, they really outta pay you for posting this stuff...
LOL... That was a good one. No, I'm just happy to be discovering new things with my new toy. Eat your heart out, iPhone (yeah, I'm a Mac user in case you have not noticed that in my sig).