cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help deciding about getting the Instinct

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Can someone give me some examples as to why the iphone is...

Here are the major issues I can see:

1) Zero Mac support

2) Inadequate / primitive browser

3) No calendar / contact sync

As far as iTunes, it will play ONLY unprotected iTunes music (although that's not really Sprint/Samsung's fault). There are other issues, but it seems these are teh big ones.

**IF** Sprint / Samsung are really listening, they can probably address these problems pretty quickly, at least in most cases. If you can wait, it would probably be worth your time to hold off for another 3 months and see if they address these issues.

The AT&T plans are more expensive and I believe to get sync between a Mac/PC and your iPhone you need a plan from Apple (.mac or MobileMe) which runs you $99 / year. This reflecs my needs and opinions, I'm not sure what priorities you have...

Highlighted
Journeyman

well maybe all you iphone lovers should go to an iphone f...

well maybe all you iphone lovers should go to an iphone forum and step away from the INSTINCT forum this phone is an iphone competitor not an iphone killer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: well maybe all you iphone lovers should go to an iphone f...

@drivinnuts70 wrote:
well maybe all you iphone lovers should go to an iphone forum and step away from the INSTINCT forum this phone is an iphone competitor not an iphone killer.

Give it a rest.

People AREN'T iPhone lovers. We're comparing. Frankly, I'd rather have the Instinct. What I listed is what's holding me back. I've been with Sprint for several years. I like their support, pricing and coverage in LA. i DON'T like the shortcomings I listed. For lots of folks MY issues don't affect them. Hence my last statement.

Regardless, many people (including myself) are deciding between the iPhone and Instinct. This is the perfect forum to discuss the differences. And as I said in another post: HOPEFULLY Sprint and Samsung are taking notes and makes changes appropriately. If they are, these discussions are very valuable and this phone could become more of an iPhone killer...

Personally, I think it IS a 1st gen product and I'd rather try to wait a few weeks and maybe months to see if the issues I (and many others) have are fixed

Highlighted
Journeyman

i actually like the debating back and forth. it allows fo...

i actually like the debating back and forth. it allows for people to point out strong/weak points of both phones and lets me compare these issues against my personal needs... so debate on and hope the techs are listening to what needs to be addressed

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was truly enamored with the Instinct! All the marketing...

I was truly enamored with the Instinct! All the marketing! All the hype! I am, however, a little disappointed with some of the settings for Instinct. I cannot seem to get Text messages come in on vibrate only. I cannot seem to set an alarm to ring loudly without having other settings ring loudly. I would prefer not to see my text/incoming/missed calls display on the screen for everyone to see. It would be better for me to press the 'Messaging' button to see details of what is coming in via the Instinct. I do, however, like the streaming effect for text messages! Has anyone found solutions to my dilemma?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: By phone alone, I would have to rank the iphone above the...

2brokenthumbs (love that name btw), I use my banking site (Wells Fargo) with my Instinct. Works pretty good actually. And I've done a little shopping at Amazon, but I don't find it practical to shop from a cell phone, so for me even if it is working, it doesn't work. Prefer to do my shopping at home. Actually, I really prefer to do in person and keep my local merchants in business and local people employed!! But I digress..

The best "trick" I have used so far, is to access my Google Calendar from the browser so I can see my schedule for the week listed. Works better then the built in Calendar which I find inadequate for my needs. At a glance I can see my schedule, my other half's schedule, and even see the publicly made "holiday" and "Disneyland passholder blockout date" calendars that I have added to mine. (I go to Disneyland a lot....lol)

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat