cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Instinct Phone?

Journeyman

New Instinct Phone?

Just purchased this instinct phone several days ago. Still learning this & that. How do I surf on the web? I keep receiving an error "the profile update could not be completed." Should I take the phone into the store? Can anyone help, please????

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: New Instinct Phone?

Try to manually update the data profile, please follow these steps:

Click Main button. 

Select Settings.

Select General.

Select Update Data Profile.

Inform the Customer: The device will display the following message for approximately two minutes while programming is in progress:

Preparing Data Services, Please wait..

If after this update you are still unable to access the internet please contact Technical Support, or visit a Sprint Repair store.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: New Instinct Phone?

First I would recommend that you remove the battery for one minute, replace the battery and turn the device back on. Once you have done this attemp to access the web. If you receive the same error message please do the data update steps that glimmer has provided you with above. When you are brought back to the main screen attempt to access the web, if you receive the same error message or a different error message I would recommend that you call or chat in to do a complete update of the data on the device and to also ensure that everything is set up on the account correctly.

Hope this information helps.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat