cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer using my Instinct!

Master

No longer using my Instinct!

O.K. So I did it, I am no longer using my Instinct. I just couldn't justify paying for the SEP when I use my itouch 90% of the time. I held out as long as I felt feasible. At this point without any real APP's, Removing most the TV channels, Adding adds on pocket express, None of the updates really made much of a difference, Thou some issues were resolveda lot are still there. The music player is a joke, The update is way over due! The phone still locks up or soft resets. The communication has all but disappeared. The email stating the password has changed still exists.

Bought into the hype that the Instinct was an iphone killer. Boy were they WRONG! I use my ipod touch more hours daily then the touch. The music player in the Instinct is a hot mess to say the least, very few apps available even after almost a year waiting for something, Not even sprint is on there app providers to make some of the apps available at digital lounge compatible.

The itouch on the other hand is leap years ahead of the Instinct, I use it for all my music, Podcast, tons of apps. Free Texting, Safari, Facebook, myspace, Youtube, Orb, Twitter, Accuweather, Google Maps, DirecTV, My Yahoo, Google Earth, Pocket Express, Stanza, Pandora, iheartradio, Public Radio, Npr Mobile, Slacker, Last.FM, TMZ, Where, UrbanSpoon, Speller, Flashlight, Dual Level, Caluclator, TrackTapp. Stocks, Well over 50 free games, To name a few.

Oddly enough I feel sad, It's like I lost a friend. I'm really gonna miss the Live Search the most. I had hopes that it would eventually (miraculously) turn into something great, When I should've known better. It seems Sprint just does not have the resources to support the development in a timley manor any longer.

I'll still stick around and help since this forum seems to be "user to user" instead of "user to Sprint" like it should/supposed be.

Granted we've seen a flood of new reps on here, But their lack of knowledge and scripted responses usually don't help much.

16 REPLIES 16
Journeyman

Re: No longer using my Instinct!

Thanks for the help Levi

Journeyman

Well Levi, many of us here are on the same steps out the door. Im still, begrudgingly, holding on (onlywaiting on the Pre or Dash) butheading that way myself. When Verizon picks up the iphone, I'll be heading back to them.....this will most likely be the last nail in Sprints coffin concidering the absolute horrible AT&T service is the only reason thousands upon thousands of people havnt already jumped ship from other carriers to get the iphone. This is a complete change in my thinking toward the iphone....I have been against it from the very beginning because of my complete and total hatred of the "fanboys" and the influx of the thousand Apple commercials on every channel every day but....the iphone is truly an incredible device that Sprint cannot compete with atleast yet. The Pre IS the last hope for Sprints survival and even that will not help if it does not remain exclusive to Sprint past the first of the year.

Journeyman

Sorry to see you go Levi4u. I have learned a lot from your posts. Thank you.

Journeyman

Glad you're sticking around!

Journeyman

Speechless...I mean Wow!

The few spoken voices speak so the masses don't have to, This isn't good Levi, and it's ad_a_m_n shame...

But it seems that's how its heading for a lot of us....

Silly Sprint...

Message Edited by goygacon on 05-10-2009 06:23 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Journeyman

Sucks Levi, but understandable.

Journeyman

Getting the fealing Sprint is intentionallytrying to drive customers away so it has a good excuse to sell out/merge with Verizon. Its coming folks...be prepared. Sprint cannot continue to be independant with the customers it is hemmoraging.

Journeyman

With Tmo getting the TP2 first and the promise of 3 new android phones later this year, I have a feeling they are about to become the fastest growing major network, while Sprint becomes (continues to be?) the fastest shrinking network. I predict a mass migration soon, Pre or no Pre.

Journeyman

Welcome to the NOW network....population 49 million and quickly dwindleing! Right NOW 100,000 are dumping Sprint for another network!

Journeyman

What is an Itouch?

I have something similar.. an Ipod Touch which does the same things! Smiley Happy

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat