Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No music through bluetooth headset?

Patron

No music through bluetooth headset?

I have a Motorola H500 model bluetooth headset. When a call comes in I will hear some sort of a chime alerting me to the call. However, I am not able to hear music through the player or music through the radio on the headset. Are certain headsets just not good enough to do this? I know that my model of headset was one of the least expensive ones. Also, I am able to give voice commands through the headset, i.e. Call Tim mobile and the commands are recognized. Thanks for the help.

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

This is an on going issue with the Bluetooth not streaming music. Currently no fix for it, hopefully it will be in the update later this month.

Journeyman

I have no problems listening to the radio or music on my bluetooth headset. I have no idea why mine would work and yours does not. Sorry I can't help.

Journeyman

You need to have a Bluetooth headset that supports Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP). That is the Bluetooth profile that is used for streaming music. The H500 only supports the headset and handsfree profiles, so you can only use it for voice.

Journeyman

Mymotorola s9 doesnt work either

Journeyman

I was actually just told by a sprint customer service representative that sprint does not support listening to music through stereo bluetooth headsets please tell me this was an isolated idiot.

Journeyman

I have the Motorola S9 headphones and they work great. No problems pairing or listening to stereo music, although there is a bug with the Instinct right now where bluetooth audio doesn't work properly for streaming video / TV / Radio, only the music player.

Message Edited by JeepJay on 07-21-2008 07:18 PM

Journeyman

@JeepJay wrote:
I have the Motorola S9 headphones and they work great. No problems pairing or listening to stereo music, although there is a bug with the Instinct right now where bluetooth audio doesn't work properly for streaming video / TV / Radio, only the music player.
Message Edited by JeepJay on 07-21-2008 07:18 PM

cool glad to hear it .. i ordered my S9 from newegg white box OEM $46.99 ( new ) all i really want it for is music and calls

should have it by thsday

Journeyman

Just today I purchased a Motorola DC800 so I could stream music from my phone to my home stereo but it didn't work. I've known that TV/Video/Radio doesn't even stream in the car thru an FM transmitter but in this case, not even the music can stream thru the DC800 using my INSTINCT. Both claim to be A2DP devices. On the Sprint website they advertise a Blackberry Bluetooth Stereo Gateway as an accessory that works with the INSTINCT. Any experience with any of these devices or streaming music to a Home Stereo via bluetooth?

Journeyman

Yes, that guy was an idiot, I have an oricor st66 stereo blutetooth and I listen to my music just fine. I just have to carry two headsets, one for regular use (just talking), and one for listening to music.

Journeyman

I did an Instant Chat right here ont eh website with one of their poor agents. I think Sprint has just tied their hands behind their back on this issue and i told him so. He was trying to be polite and say they were unaware of any fix for this issue and unaware of the issue itself. I have teh Motorola S9 and it works great with music player, but forget about TV or Radio unless you want to deal with the wired mess. I don't even keep a wired headset with me, why would I, I bought the bluetooth so I would not need one. Sprint sure can answer your questions in the store when you want one of these Instincts, but when it comes to service they have always been terrible, i have many stories about that, but to be honest I have stories with other carriers too. They are all about getting you sucked in, then forgetting about you.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat