cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now I Am Absolutely Positive My Instinct Is Randomly Calling My Contacts.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Now I Am Absolutely Positive My Instinct Is Randomly Calling My Contacts.

I have already had 6 people tell me that my phone called them and they clearly heard my conversations with other people. My sister told me that my phone called her today and she gave me details of the conversation concerning my patients. I was just sitting at my desk just now and I purposely placed my phone on the other side of the room on my bookshelf away from my land phone just in case the Instinct called someone while I was having another private conversation . I pushed the lock key to turn the phone off and I made sure it was off. I sat the phone down on the bookshelf on the other side of the room. I went back to sit at my desk and about 20 minutes later, I got a phone call on my instinct. It was my colleague and she told me that she tried to catch my call in time enough but she missed it so called me back. I told her I didn't call her. She said her phone has a message that says missed call from my cell phone about 3 minute before she called

Tags (2)
21 REPLIES 21
Journeyman

Yes, my phone tend to call people in my contact list. I a...

Yes, my phone tend to call people in my contact list. I always lock my phone after using it and it is set to lock automatically after 30 seconds. When my sister called me yesterday to tell me my phone had called her just a minute before she called me, I had my instinct in front on me on my work desk. It wasn't even in my pocket so I know I could not have dialed her by mistake.

Journeyman

And no, two of the people were not on my speed dial list...

And no, two of the people were not on my speed dial list but the other 4 are.

Journeyman

Re: Now I Am Absolutely Positive My Instinct Is Randomly Calling My Contacts.

I'm going with Coaster on this one... at first I thought it was something I had did, maybe forgetting to lock the phone and sliding it back in it's case and I managed to some how put enough preasure or something against the phone that it speed dialed or something. I've had it happen one time that I am aware of.

Journeyman

I've had this happen twice, but I thought it was due to me forgetting to lock the phone before putting it in my pocket. So maybe I did remember to lock it and it randomly dialed.

Just curious, are the people that are randomly called on your speed dial list?

Message Edited by Kalvan on 08-21-2008 08:41 PM

Journeyman

My wife has had similars. She said when I called a different contact showed up..yikes, not good.

Journeyman

I was going to say look at http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/baw/board/message?board.id=Samsung_Instinct&thread.id=11234&view...

but realize that was you post Smiley Happy

I've had it happened once but I think because I forgot to lock the phone.

I know I gave the speech already.

I've seen many post, this does not seem like a typical phone bug.

If you are sure, I would go to Sprint and exchange the phone (asap since time is not your friend)

Journeyman

when i read this b4 on another post, i thought it was silly. but now, that has happened to me as well. i have it to where my phone locks after a minute if un used. i placed my phone next to my pillow inside the case and made sure it was locked, then took a nap. a friend text me after i was awake and asked me what happen when i last called him. i was like, what? i didn't call! then i checked the outgoing calls, and there it was. the history showed a call made to my friend. this is definivitively a bug. it is my 1st time experiencing this.

Journeyman

Hmmm, I thought I had somehow done something the other day, but now I am thinking that I also have experienced this bug. I had gotten off a call, put the phone in my pocket, drove for about 10 minutes and then felt a vibration in my pocket as I was getting out of the car. I thought this was strange since I did not have the phone on vibrate. Found it even stranger when I pulled it out only to find it in the middle of making a call to a restaurant that I had called a few days before. So it wasn't in my contacts, but it would have been in my history. And since the phone would have been locked, it wasn't like I could have hit it or anything.

Very very strange.

Journeyman

Can I ask you guys a question? When you lock your phone, what screen is it in? Is it in the dialing screen (the phone button on the lower right) or in the home screen? I always lock my phone in the home screen and never have had that problem. I'm just curious if maybe for some reason the phone is unlocking itself and then you're pushing buttons on accident in your pocket. Obviously that would be a problem, but if you lock your phone in the home screen then you don't have to really worry about it unlocking by itself on accident. In any case, it's a strange situation.

Journeyman

Chad, please reread my post. The last two times my phone...

Chad, please reread my post. The last two times my phone called someone, the phone was not in my pocket. Immediately before the last time it happened, I placed the phone on a bookshelf on the opposite side of the room of my desk where I was sitting. I did this because I was about to make a private phone call on my land line and did not want to risk the Instinct automatically calling and allowing anyone to listen to my private conversation. So I put the phone out of "ear's reach." Before I laid the phone down, I made sure I locked it and that the screen was fully black. About an half hour later, my colleague called me apologizing that she missed my call. She said she was trying to reach her phone before it went to voicemail. I told her I didn't call her. She said her phone just rang and she has a message on her phone saying "missed call" 3 minutes before she called me. The number on the missed call message was my cellphone number.

Journeyman

Re: Chad, please reread my post. The last two times my phone...

I understand. . . .

What screen are you in when you lock your phone? I'm only asking because I never have it in the dialing screen when I lock my phone and to my knowledge it's never called anyone by itself. I just wonder if there's a difference between locking it in the home screen or in the dialing screen. There's obviously a glitch and I understand it's not you dialing someone on accident. If you lock it in the dialing screen all the time, maybe try hitting the home button and then locking the screen to see if that stops the phone from dialing phone numbers. I'm just trying to help.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat