Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openning Files?? Word, Excel, PDF

Journeyman

Openning Files?? Word, Excel, PDF

Does anyone know of an application that allows you to open attachments that are in word/excel/ppt/pdf format? I'm used to documents to go, but can't find a program for the Instinct......maybe time to return the phone and go with a crackberry/Treo???

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

@tkrabal wrote:
Does anyone know of an application that allows you to open attachments that are in word/excel/ppt/pdf format? I'm used to documents to go, but can't find a program for the Instinct......maybe time to return the phone and go with a crackberry/Treo???

Yep might be time to return if you need to open those types of files. As of now there is no app for the phone that will allow that. Once we get the MIDP Java update there could be some more options but that might not happen till the end of August.

Sprint Product Ambassador

You can view Word files with the built in note viewer.

http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/baw/board/message?board.id=Samsung_Instinct&message.id=639

Other file types can be downloaded and sent to a PC for viewing.

If this is a hard requirement, then you should look at a Treo or WinMobile device. 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the help!!

Journeyman

How does the "note" find the .doc file to open it? I can't figure it out

nevermind.......there's a preview function that had not seen before....idiot..

Message Edited by tim.gier on 07-24-2008 03:55 PM

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat