cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opera Mini 5.0 Beta

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Opera Mini 5.0 Beta

I took the liberty of posting the current issues with Opera Mini 5 beta 2 on Opera's forum in order to help Opera Mini team better grap the issues to our particular device. I really do hope that other users will take up Opera Mini 5 beta 2 even with it's flaws in order to help feed data to the Opera team. I think if enough Instinct users really jump on this, Opera could get us a really good browser that gives us near desktop like usability from Opera Mini 5. Already, Opera Mini 5 Beta 2 far exceeds anything the Obingo and Bolt Browser's do. With just a bit of fine tuning of code, Opera Mini 5 would make the stock browser completely unnecessary. We wouldn't need Sprint to bother, since Sprint isn't bothering to do anything for us. So I think an alternate strategy of using third parties to fill in the gaps on the Instinct would be a viable strategy. Since I doubt a browser fix is ever coming, I look at Opera Mini 5 as most likely the best measure to get a browser to fufill the needs of Instinct users.

Highlighted
Wizard

it's not working so good with touch.facebook.com or m.facebook.com when updating status.  it works one time when the text box is selected, keyboard is available, text saved and posted, but subsequent status update or wall posts it just sits with Done prompt and no keyboard to type.

i've reverted back to version 4.2.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've downloaded the Opera 5b2, and it's pretty cool, so far.

One thing I'll say is that it's kind of slower than the OMB 4.2, which is awkward.  Another thing that I don't like is that the clock feature isn't on 5b2.  That was a neat little function since I don't wear a watch.

The functionality is pretty nice, and the rendering is definitely better, so again, a little slower.

Sprint should be ashamed of themselves for allowing that Obigo browser be the default browser.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat