cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opera Mini

Journeyman

Opera Mini

So, is there a signed version available now? When I go to operamini.com with my Instinct browser, the website auto detects I have the Instinct and has the 4.2 version for me to download.

I don't want to lose all my bookmarks, but when I tried to save a picture from the internet after MR-6 I was told by Opera to use a signed version. I also can't seem to get anywhere with the Bolt browser.

Also, the options have changed now under the settings for programs. Now, you can only tell programs to ask each time, but there is permission to access GPS, which I think was a question a lot of people had.

I don't know, the Pre looks interesting, but I am curious if the developers out there will finally be able to correct some of the bugs remaining on Instinct? I have yet to be impressed with anything in the way of apps, but understand the restrictions, cost, blah, blah.

If there are any developers out there, please start mentioning some apps you are in the process of creating, because a lot of us are going to jump ship (now that we see the final MR-6 is a complete dud) otherwise and then you'll not be able to sell as many apps!

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: Opera Mini

go to http://mini.opera.com scroll down to "if this version fails to install or you would like toinstall a previous version, please click here"......click this link, then click the second link...."Download Opera Mini! English(Verisign certificate)" This is the version in which you can download pics, etc to your sd card.

Journeyman

Hmm...interestingly enough, it looks as if Sprint has disabled the ability to download content that it doesn't trust. Just like last night, when I tried to download a signed version of Bolt browser, I get this "applicationauthentication failure" 909

Journeyman

I get error 909 when I attempt to follow your instructions Troyboytn.

Journeyman

I wish I could have helped....I really dont know what the problem could be....it worked for me. Did you uninstall Opera before redownloading? If not, this could be the problem.

Master

@Gmano wrote:

I believe you get that error when the browser is in "Mobile" mode, Try it with the browser in "Standard" mode.

Journeyman

@Levi4u wrote:

@Gmano wrote:

I believe you get that error when the browser is in "Mobile" mode, Try it with the browser in "Standard" mode.

I already thought of that...tried in both mobile and desktop modes and still get the same error.

I wonder if anyone has been able to download and install any non-sprint programs/apps since MR6?

Journeyman

Alright, I uninstalled Opera Mini and tried to download in both mobile and standard mode. My guess is that you guys who were able to download already policy hacked your phone and thus are now able to overcome the 909 error due to that. I'll mess with the policy hack and try downloading the signed version later.

Journeyman

I did place a new policy mod after MR-6 but installed Opera mini before doing so. I even replaced the original policy before downloading MR-6 as a precation. I wonder if Sprint is up to something precarious. The powers that be, obviously are messing with us....laughing in the backdrop! Otherwise, these MRs should fix much much more than they destroy. Maybe we are all part of some deranged social experiment. lol I honestly can think of no other excuse for the total incompetance we adhere to using this phone.

Message Edited by troyboytn on 06-11-2009 05:19 PM

Patron

I think that are up to something too. I was trying to download a new music player to replace this crap they imprisoned us with and I got that same 909 error. I went to the site with opera but of course downloading things uses that built in browser.

Journeyman

Not sure if you guys have tried recently but I was able to installed Oprea mini and get it to run with no problem. I have a upto date verison of:

PRL:60652

SW:ES.M800 CA10

HW:M800.08

MCL: 5.5.28

OBIGO: Q7.2-1.0 B

Not sure if that is different then what you guys have but I thought I would just let everyone know.

Journeyman

@c1as2000 wrote:

Not sure if you guys have tried recently but I was able to installed Oprea mini and get it to run with no problem. I have a upto date verison of:

PRL:60652

SW:ES.M800 CA10

HW:M800.08

MCL: 5.5.28

OBIGO: Q7.2-1.0 B

Not sure if that is different then what you guys have but I thought I would just let everyone know.

Just an update to this. I was able to install the browser but anything on the download option was giving me the 909 error.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat