Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POST MR-4: Live Search Issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

POST MR-4: Live Search Issue

The Live Search app says 'GPS Unavailable' each time I run it. I've reset the phone, including ##RTN# to try and fix it without any luck. Anyone else having this problem?

Versions:

BK14

Live Search: 1.70.1

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: POST MR-4: Live Search Issue

Mine is working fine. Just used it on Saturday evening to find a place to eat dinner.

I'm running the same versions you've listed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hate to break it to ya, but my live search is running just fine with the same version you listed and the mr-4 update. So it's something more localized to either your phone or your location.

Highlighted
Journeyman

According to Sprint customer service yesterday, there are intermittent NATIONWIDE outages of 3G coverage. Theyhave been working on a solution for about a week now. As of yesterday (Sunday), they estimated 24 hours until the issues were resolved. Supposedly, this has been affecting SprintTV, Pocket Express, GPS, Web, just to name a few.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Figures. Not that big a deal I guess. The nav, weather, movies, etc all work fine. Guess I'll have to hope one of the coming updates addresses it. Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

We have two known issues with Sprint TV on the Instinct device. Issue # 1: Customers while watching Sprint TV might see a Green Screen with static lines. The Green screen will not go away.This is a known issue and will be fixed when MR5 is pushed out to the users.  Issue # 2: Customers while watching Sprint TV channels might experience freezing up of screen. This is a known issue and will be fixed when MR5 is pushed out. to the users. ETA for pushing out MR5 to users is a few weeks away.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@S_NetworkResponseTeam wrote:
We have two known issues with Sprint TV on the Instinct device. Issue # 1: Customers while watching Sprint TV might see a Green Screen with static lines. The Green screen will not go away.This is a known issue and will be fixed when MR5 is pushed out to the users. Issue # 2: Customers while watching Sprint TV channels might experience freezing up of screen. This is a known issue and will be fixed when MR5 is pushed out. to the users. ETA for pushing out MR5 to users is a few weeks away.

Great news, thanks for the update!

Highlighted
Journeyman

@S_NetworkResponseTeam wrote:
We have two known issues with Sprint TV on the Instinct device. Issue # 1: Customers while watching Sprint TV might see a Green Screen with static lines. The Green screen will not go away.This is a known issue and will be fixed when MR5 is pushed out to the users. Issue # 2: Customers while watching Sprint TV channels might experience freezing up of screen. This is a known issue and will be fixed when MR5 is pushed out. to the users. ETA for pushing out MR5 to users is a few weeks away.

Great! Thanks for the update! Can you give us an ETA for Pocket Express videos working again?

Highlighted
Journeyman

The TV/Video site was down for a few hours today.....I was just able to get CNNLive back on, but of course the pixelation/green screening is still there, as was my "30-second timeout" issue I've had since Day 1.Here's hoping for a substantial fix to the problem with MR-5 release. Maybe I'll finally get to see a game on NFL Network before the season ends!

Scooter

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat