cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm Pre

Highlighted
Journeyman

Palm Pre

Has anyone heard if the Palm Pre will be better than the Instinct?

11 REPLIES
Journeyman

The Palm Pre is what the Instinct wanted to be. The real...

The Palm Pre is what the Instinct wanted to be. The real competition to the iPhone. Just go check it out on YouTube the Instinct is a joke compared to the Pre

Journeyman

Re: The Palm Pre is what the Instinct wanted to be. The real...

I think I'm gonna dump the instinct...This phone is ticking me off.

Journeyman

Re: The Palm Pre is what the Instinct wanted to be. The real...

I think I will hold out til the Dash comes out before making a decision on it or the Pre.

Journeyman

Re: Palm Pre

I doubt that the Pre will be as cheap as the instinct. They are 2 different class phones.

Journeyman

I doubt the instinct 2 will be as cheap as the first one.

Journeyman

The Palm Pre looks very cool and hightech. Before i buy it, though, im waiting for users to give it good reviews first. That was my mistake with the Instinct. I also want to know for sure if it'll have a app store. I'm hearing some rumors that the battery life might not be so good, since multiple apps will be allowed to run in the background and that can drain the battery very fast. I hope thats not true. Also, no video recording support, yet. So far, it appears like it can offer more than the Instinct, but we won't be able to tell for sure until it comes out.The Pre looks promising, but i'm going to wait on the sidelines until i know it works as advertised. You know, the whole "fool me once..." cliche comes to mind when it comes to new Sprint smartphone ads.

Journeyman

i'm def getting it within a month after release. my 2nd instinct is on the fritz and the 2 other palms i had before were def more stable. i really like my instinct but to many quality issues for me.

Journeyman

my only gripe with the Pre is the portrait slide keyboard, which I totally hate. if it were landscape i would be on board but I think I will wait for the Dash. If it is anything like the Omnia (and the specs would make it a twin), I'll snatch it on the day it previews as soon as the door opens

Journeyman

If you are talking about the T-Mobile Dash, that phone is completely different from both the Instinct and the Omnia. I'm sure pictures are worth a thousand words, so...

Journeyman

No, Im talking about the Samsung Dash which will debut 4th quarter 2009 on Sprint

Samsung Dash photos

Message Edited by troyboytn on 03-22-2009 10:05 PM

Journeyman

Yeah, that t-mobile phone was anything but a Dash. It more like the t-mobile Crawl. The Dash we're talking about it some new phone to follow up on the Instinct.

Concerning the Palm Pre, i would have also preferred the landscape keyboard, but i can look past that because i used to own Blackberry phones and i am kinda used to the qwerty portait keyboard.

You gota love the "card" concept on the Palm Pre. It seems to make switching apps very easy by flicking it away and to the side.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.