Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora Fix is in the Works.

Master

Pandora Fix is in the Works.

Responce from Pandora;

We are sorry to hear the most recent

firmware update has broken the Pandora App on your Instinct phone. Our
engineers reproduced this issue in house today and working with Sprint's
Engineers to find a resolution.
I'll let you know when there is a repair available and/or a new build
of the Instinct Pandora Mobile application, once I have an update from
our engineering team.

Thanks for your patience while we work toward a repair and hope to have
updated information for you in the next few days... - Paula / Pandora
Listener Support

25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

"Sprint is the one who broke it, that's why I blame sprint,but thanks to pandora in advance "

Well, it might also depend upon whether Sprint opened up Pandora's box ahead of time and dropped them a message that saidwe were changing the Instinct's OS - and, hey, by the way, you guys might want to retest your app when we're finished.

Journeyman

Yes, Pandora has sounded just fine since I done the volume mod months ago, and yes.....since it worked since a Sprint update, the fault lies with Sprint. At the very least, Sprint could have communicated with Pandora to get a fix before releasing MR-6.

My responce from Pandora:

Hello Troy

Thank you for letting us know about this We apologize for this.

Occasionally, software updates and changes will have adverse affects on existing applications like Pandora. That appears to be the case here with the software for the Instinct. I can't promise when this situation will be resolved. We are aware of it and it is a project that needs further attention.

Thanks for letting us know.

Josh

Pandora Listener Support

Master

@TechGnoll wrote:

There was a volume mod? Please tell me more.

As for my efforts so far.

I spoke with Sprint's tech support twice at two levels then went to retentions who told me to go to Samsung for a solution..

I then spoke with escalations: They made me an appointment with a local repair center..

If this issue is not resolved by then I will ask for a "non MR-6" replacement phone.

I am glad Pandora is on the issue and is at least not as misdirecting.

Enter test mode from dialer by entering:
47*869#1235

Enter code 078, these seem to bevolume settings:

PCS HAND SPK 000
PCS HEAD SPK 120
PCS AHFK SPK 000
PCS SPKR SPK 120
PCS BTEM SPK 040
CEL HAND SPK 000
CEL HEAD SPK 120
CEL AHFK SPK 000
CEL SPKR SPK 120
CEL BTERM SPK 040

AHFK stands for Auto Hands Free Kit
Increasing it increases headphone volume.

The range on these values is 0 to 120

Volume up/down to move from one volume setting to the next, then type-in the new value and the Done button. Press # then 002 to get out.

It was first posted to fix the low bluetooth volume, I have mine all set at 120.

Journeyman

good *bleep*... i was really pissed, but this helps very much!

Journeyman

There was a volume mod? Please tell me more.

As for my efforts so far.

I spoke with Sprint's tech support twice at two levels then went to retentions who told me to go to Samsung for a solution..

I then spoke with escalations: They made me an appointment with a local repair center..

If this issue is not resolved by then I will ask for a "non MR-6" replacement phone.

I am glad Pandora is on the issue and is at least not as misdirecting.

Journeyman

Thanks Levi4u , you always get the answers.. don't know how.. but you rock.

Journeyman

"Yep, sounded just fine...even had it where it would run in the backround while I surfed the web...Wha?"

Hey Goygacon, do you mind sharing how you were able to make that happen??

Journeyman

Sure, no problem...kinda null since it Pandora doesn't work anymore...but here's the thread that made it possible http://www.instinct-samsung.com/index.php?topic=9932.0

Journeyman

Not to take sides or do anything but honestly its not sprints job to make sure a 3rd party app works. Its like saying its microsofts job to make sure all programs will be compatable after an upgrade or new OS, Not gonna happen! Besides this is good for us since pandoras been sittin on there butts promising us an upgrade for months, now guess what. we get one!

Journeyman

True, but since there are so few 3rd party apps anyways (thanks to Sprint) don't you think they could have easily checked for compatability?

Journeyman

Not to mention the Instinct phone or any product for that matter "should work as advertised".

Journeyman

I should also mention that I am a paid subscriber to Pandora|One..

Message Edited by TechGnoll on 06-15-2009 01:26 PM

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat