Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora Fix is in the Works.

Master

Pandora Fix is in the Works.

Responce from Pandora;

We are sorry to hear the most recent

firmware update has broken the Pandora App on your Instinct phone. Our
engineers reproduced this issue in house today and working with Sprint's
Engineers to find a resolution.
I'll let you know when there is a repair available and/or a new build
of the Instinct Pandora Mobile application, once I have an update from
our engineering team.

Thanks for your patience while we work toward a repair and hope to have
updated information for you in the next few days... - Paula / Pandora
Listener Support

25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

"Sprint Now Network" can you fix this "NOW"?

This is a copy of my email from Pandora, I am a Pandora|One paid subscriber. I pay $36/yr for this service.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for writing. Sorry you are having problems.

It seems that the Instinct Firmware update is causing problems with the Pandora app as well as several others. We are aware of this issue unfortunately we don't have an immediate fix. We are working with Sprint on investigating this, although I'm not sure how long it might take.

Thanks for your patience while we find a solution.

cheers-
Tom K@ Pandora

Paul wrote:

Hello,

I use the Samsung Instinct Model M800, My carrier is Sprint. Recently I upgraded the firmware to level MR-6.
Pandora is not loading as a result. Can you tell me if this is per Sprint or if there is an update coming from Pandora?

Thanks,

Paul

Journeyman

@mdmitchell13 wrote:
Not to take sides or do anything but honestly its not sprints job to make sure a 3rd party app works. Its like saying its microsofts job to make sure all programs will be compatable after an upgrade or new OS, Not gonna happen! Besides this is good for us since pandoras been sittin on there butts promising us an upgrade for months, now guess what. we get one!

Sorry, but it is sprints job to provide working, standard interfaces on the devices. That is exactly what we pay them for and it hasn't happened yet with the instinct. If a java app can't access the audio interface (or the filesystem for that matter) they should not advertise it as a java based phone or mention the ability to run apps. Note that the pandora app was not written for the instinct - and it works on phones that impliment the standards correctly.

Reminds me a lot of the original sprint treo which didn't work right when they shipped it either and they are now settling a class action about it.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat