Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora Volume Issue Update from Pandora Support

Journeyman

Pandora Volume Issue Update from Pandora Support

A recent email I got from pandora:

"The current Instinct build does have trouble with the volume control for some people.

The good news is that we have been given the go-ahead to rework the Instinct application to make it work better. That will include using the full qwerty keyboard to have better control over the audio level.

Now the bad news. The reworked Instinct application will take several months to complete. Until then the best advice I can give is as follows:

1) Play some other audio (such as a locally stored MP3) on the Instinct and move the volume control all the way up. Then stop playing that file and launch Pandora. This will give you the maximum volume the device can put out using the Pandora application.

2) Use some really efficient (read "loud") earbuds. Two of my favorites are the J-BudsJ2http://www.amazon.com/JBuds-Premium-Hi-FI-Isolating-Earbuds/dp/B001GS8FZ2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=...

and the Philips He591
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-HE591-Surround-Sound-Earbuds/dp/B0001OY2VS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=electr...

Read the Amazon reviews on both of these, pick one or both and give em a try on your Instinct. Hope this helps.

Thanks for listening!

Best,
Aaron

Listener Support, Pandora''

Tried option 1 and mp3 music keeps playing even when pandora app starts, so i dunno what the deal is with that.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Pandora Volume Issue Update from Pandora Support

Hey this is awesome, thanks for passing along the information from Pandora!

I'm going to try option 1 too, will report back if I have any success with it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'd love it if in this update they included bluetooth support. I'd love to actually use pandora with my motorolla bluetooth headset.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I hate to bust your bubble but this email is pretty standard and has been going out for the past 6 months (several others have recieved emails from Pandora stating practically the same thing including myself). I highly doubt Pandora has any plans for rebuilding an app for a phone that is nearing EOL (end of life).

Highlighted
Journeyman

I knew someone would say that. Heres why this is new:

-I've never seen a timeline before on any email posts

-I've never seen that sprint authorized them to make the changes

I'm not holding my breath but at least have hope that a better build will be out in a few months. I understand sprint has basically forgotten about the instinct. But on the contrary Sprint originally said MR6 would be the last update, but here we have talk of MR7 from Sarah. Maybe its not totally forgotten yet. Another factor which indicates that they might be listening now is that the forum was supposedly moved to better help sprint respond to complaints.

Dont think I don't wish I had an IPhone, an Android phone, or a non crap Pre. I also wish I had enough $ to pay for a plan twice as expensive with worse network coverage for ATT. I don't have Tmobile in my city so thats not even an option. The instinct is the best option right now for me cause the Pre keyboard sucks. It slides weird and its tiny. If the Pre was like the instinct and just had a touch keyboard it would be awesome. The Blackberry curve is basically the most functional Sprint option right now until we get an Android phone or Palm fixes the Pre. Until any of that happens I'm stuck with the instinct.

Highlighted
Journeyman

http://www.instinct-samsung.com/index.php?topic=2138.msg69866#msg69866

You'll see something awefully familiar....this was posted in Jan. of this year...

Highlighted
Master

LOL! At least they have the same script to respond from.

Highlighted
Journeyman

lol.....how funny is that! Concidering this could have been fixed many times over my now I would say the only hope for this issue is to get another phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow, thats ridiculous. I hadn't seen that one. Oh well. looks like my 'add a line with a blackberry curve' for $9.99 a mo, and use it exclusively for Pandora option is starting to look even better.   

I just emailed him back showing him that I know that he used a stock response and told him it has been 7 months since that. We'll see what happens. probably more run around. We should all keep emailing them to help show we care.

Here is the email:

"Sorry about that Sean, we hadn't had an update on this until very recently.  I just spoke with our engineers and they told us that the new version of the Instinct app should be available very soon.

Thanks again for your patience.

Best, Aaron Listener Support, Pandora More questions about Pandora? Please check our FAQ: http://blog.pandora.com/faq/

- Hide quoted text -
On 8/11/2009 3:06 PM, Sean wrote:
http://www.instinct-samsung.com/index.php?topic=2138.msg69866#msg69866
Apparently you guys told us the same thing 7 months ago?
Sean"

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat