cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People here are driving me crazy!

Highlighted
Journeyman

People here are driving me crazy!

Look i understand we expected more from this phone and it's not what you wanted then fine. People are saying i am leaving for the iphone but has anyone looked at the iphone forums. They are having browser problems, battery-life problems. slow internet connection on the 3g, and more so if anyone wants to go then go. But what gets me is that Samsung and sprint are working on some of the problems people are complaining about, and instead of being happy you are still complaining . We get it you want calendar sync, better browser,Java support etc. Me being a programmer i know it can take time to redo stuff and maybe even rewrite some of the code. So i understand that an update can take time to make their people happy. Yes i would some updates for this phone. and yes i gave my input in what i think would be good to have and i still feel the same way but *bleep*. if you think that update is taking too long and your time is almost up them get a new phone that does what you want.

Tags (1)
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: People here are driving me crazy!

My thoughts exactly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

HEY! Actually I am excited to see that there is activity...

HEY! Actually I am excited to see that there is activity going on to fix common problems!!!! From what I have been reading there are going to be a lot of great updates at the end of this month To see my cell phone company take my issues and work them out is great. I'm sticking it out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: People here are driving me crazy!

I can offer 2 suggestions:

1) (not being a smart aleck) Don't read the board. People come here to rant (which is probably what bothers you, it rolls off my shoulders anymore), complain/look for solutions, help other folks (like Edigio)

2) Ignore the noise, help folks who have posts worth responding to and look for workarounds where possible.

As a former IT person myself, I'm used to hearing far more complaints than praise, it's the nature of the beast. The people just cussing out the Instinct will only be here a short while and then be gone.

The iPhone is NOT perfect, but *currently* it is a more complete device than the Instinct. But then you have ATT as a provider for it and much higher charges. The shortcomings of the Instinct aren't so much that they cannot be overcome. I'm hoping Sprint is serious (yes, I know what they say) about reading and responding to the issues posted here and if so, you'll see the ranting drop off dramatically as these things get addressed.

Ignore the noise.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I love my phone. Im willing to stick it out for Sprint. I...

I love my phone. Im willing to stick it out for Sprint. I have no problem waiting for the new updates. At least someone is working on the issues instead of letting them sit and fester.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Screw that, the Instinct is really lacking in alot of are...

Screw that, the Instinct is really lacking in alot of areas. Granteed they both ( i-phone-instict) have things that make each one unique. but if anyone on here actually played with the new i-phone????????? ( i bet not) The battery does suck, but the internet kkicks the living sh*t out of the instincts web. Its a true web browser that loads pages three times faster than the instict. and bexcause its on AT&T the connectiong is awsome. I just switched from there and wish I didnt.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Screw that, the Instinct is really lacking in alot of are...

If AT&T and the iphone is so much, better why did you switch?

Highlighted
Journeyman

where do you live that the connection is awesome? i live...

where do you live that the connection is awesome? i live in nyc and cdma still outshines gsm here. as for the new iphone, several of my friends have it, and they love it. they are also mac people and don't care much for anything that isn't apple, so it's biased. and what good is having a fast browser (again, dependent upon where you use the device) if you need to carry a charger with you instead of just swapping out the battery? i'm not taking away from apple's ease of use, but the limitations of the iphone out weigh the limitations of the instinct for my own personal needs. call quality on sprint is better, which is a boon for me since i deal with clients all day over the phone and not having to fret over where i can go to plug in a charger while in the city is icing for me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@bbuenger wrote:
Screw that, the Instinct is really lacking in alot of areas. Granteed they both ( i-phone-instict) have things that make each one unique. but if anyone on here actually played with the new i-phone????????? ( i bet not) The battery does suck, but the internet kkicks the living sh*t out of the instincts web. Its a true web browser that loads pages three times faster than the instict. and bexcause its on AT&T the connectiong is awsome. I just switched from there and wish I didnt.

well, I own both the iPhone 3G and the Instinct, I have done test within my house, outside and such, I can tell you, both phones are GREAT. There is pros and cons about each phones, internet access is very close, sometimes, Instinct IS faster, sometimes, it isn't. I'm in Cleveland and we got good 3G network here.

Of course, iPhone's multimedia rocks, but Instinct's GPS Navigation beats iPhone's. I surely like the feedback feeling of Instinct (wish that is on iPhone), and I sure wish there are a lot of applications available for the Instinct...

3G network eats battery, the Instinct's 1 batter last a bit more than what the iPhone 3G battery would.

Bottom line, whatever your network IS, stick with it and use the network's best phone, in this case, for personal, ATT's iPhone or Sprint Instinct.

Both will have problems, like previous posts said, there isn't a perfect phone for every person in the world, so if you can't enjoy what you have, go return it for something else. But to put down one or the other, that is lame.

When people ask me what phone is good, and they can't change network provider yet, I usually suggest Instinct from Sprint, iPhone 3G or ATT Tilt from ATT, Dare from Verizon (I've played with all these phones extensively) and NOT one is free of bugs or issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Screw that, the Instinct is really lacking in a lot of are...

Really the problem is Developers. They push the Hardware/Software to quickly. This is a problem with more then just phones though. Consumers push for the products and then get annoyed with the bugs that where left because it was rushed.

Same thing happens with Games, Vista, whatever.

Highlighted
Patron

@bbuenger wrote:

This is what i don't get, nobody is holding a gun to your head and say you have to keep the Instinct and stick with Sprint. You had 30 days to think it over and return it if you don't like it. It's a simple as that! And for any reason that you kept it longer than 30 and got stuck with a contract, there is no one else to really blame but yourself. Rant all you want, but at the end of the day, you are just like me. You have the Instinct, waiting and hoping for updates and wanting apps. The only difference is, I'm happy and you're not.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Aristo, I agree. The bottom line is no one forced people...

Aristo, I agree. The bottom line is no one forced people to keep the Instinct past the first 30 days. If you made a choice to stick it out, then stick it out. I am all for people voicing their disappointments but many people are just asking for too much. You can't get an update over night. Sprint can give you an overnight update but you will just be complaining about the half-@$% job they have done on it and complain some more. I always thought Spring handled things @$% backwards but they seem really to be trying hard to fix things now and stay on top of the Instinct. Patience. One more thing.. Why is everyone in this forum a IT guy or Programmer? We are all customers...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat