cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petition Sprint and Samsung to bring Andrioid to the Instinct

Highlighted
Journeyman

Petition Sprint and Samsung to bring Andrioid to the Instinct

There has been discussions on the webs that Sprint will be bringing an Android device soon, something in the form of the Instinct. Now if they just re release the Instinct in Android form they should allow existing devices the ability to upgrade to it. Just Saying.

Tags (2)
12 REPLIES 12
Patron

Re: Petition Sprint and Samsung to bring Andrioid to the Instinct

Instinct can barely handle its current OS...It cannot handle Android. It's too weak.

Journeyman

Has there ever been a phone with the option of replacing the OS? I can't think of one. This is a pipe dream.

When Sprint releases a phone that runs Andriod, you can get it. I can't imagine they would replace the entire OS on this phone or any other.

Journeyman

I doubt very much that this will happen, but i'll sign.

Agreed.

Journeyman

I'll sign; you never know.

Journeyman

Does Android have to be on Instinct? We already know Sprint is working something out for Android next year. Why not create an all new device for it?

Journeyman

autobehr wrote:

There has been discussions on the webs that Sprint will be bringing an Android device soon, something in the form of the Instinct. Now if they just re release the Instinct in Android form they should allow existing devices the ability to upgrade to it. Just Saying.

The discussion is true. They are bringing the Android Platform to Sprint via the HTC Hero Oct 11th. Its believed that there is also a Instinct version on the way from Samsung, though little is known about this except for a few leaked pics. Samsungs Instinct Q to be exact. One things for sure, theres no way in hell that the S30 will be able to run Android. Its got what? A whole 32 MBs of internal memory? Please, the G1 has 192 MBs and users have noted performance issues.

As someone else said, this is a pipe dream. It aint gonna happen. However if you still feel you need to upgrade your OS rather than buy a new phone. Feel free to flash your Rom. Let us know how well that works our for ya after you "brick" it. Just sayin'.

Journeyman

Bartender!!!! I'll have what he's drinking, rotfl...  Android on our Instincts??? Yeah, better make mine a double, lmao...

Wizard

If you mean the OG Instinct or the Instinct s30, there is no way.  Android requires a set of hardkeys the Instincts do not have.  Even if the processor and memory could handle it, there are not enough buttons.  sorry charlie.

Journeyman

lol   even if the hardware were capable, Sprint would have rigged some kind of malicious code to permanantly brick the phone if Android or any other OS were to try to replace their precious baby.....the Instinct OS (after all, even though you bought the phone and it is your property....Sprint still believes it is "their" property......in which they will do with as they wish)   I joke, but seriously, there is no way and no how to port Android to Instinct.

Message was edited by: troyboytn

Journeyman

Lmao. Really though. And because it's a new device, they aren't "re-releasing the Instinct". New (better) hardware, new software = Different phone. Thinking Sprint would somehow bring Android to the 1st Instinct is...for lack of a better word, stupid.

Message was edited by: ajones1989

Journeyman

I think autobehr probably has gotten the message by now...

In his defense I'll remind that in the heady earlier days of the Instinct others brought up similar ideas of "converting" it to Android and at the time it was taken a wee bit more seriously.  The idea is a good one in theory, not stupid in my opinion, it's just that many users don't understand what would be required to make that happen and also the current Instincts simply aren't up to it and never will be.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat