cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petition for Sprint to REALLY unlock the APIs for Instinct and S30

Journeyman

Petition for Sprint to REALLY unlock the APIs for Instinct and S30

The unlocked APIs that Sprint promised for MR-6 aren't fully unlocked, as people who got the failed update may have seen. Many of the APIs (location, filesystem, PIM, and maybe more) are only available with the options "allow this time", "allow until exit" or "never allow". The glaring omission is "always allow". Without that option, every single time you run an app you will have to answer the permissions popup.

I believe Sprint should allow users to make the choice to "always allow" API usage on a per-application basis for every API. This is a trivial change in the policy file included in the firmware update, and should be easily changed before the repaired MR-6 comes out.

25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

Re: Petition for Sprint to REALLY unlock the APIs for Instinct and S30

Agreed.

Journeyman

Agreed

Journeyman

Agreed.....um i cant post though "post flooding detected (community got posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)" ????????

Journeyman

Having to give permission every time is going to keep apps from being able to run consistent. Will or Sarah, plz tell Sprint's dev team to fix this. Its like they are gaurding something of zero value

Journeyman

I wish KB could just make a revised ROM for us to flash and we could get rid of Sprint's team of idiot developers altogether. Can't we jailbreak these like they did iPhone?

Journeyman

agreed

Journeyman

Agreed!!!! And for the love of God, can we please get the browser's out of memory error that was broken in MR-4 fixed!?!?! The browser drives me partially insane!!!!

Journeyman

Agreed as well. We need something done asap

Journeyman

Agreed.

Journeyman

Agreed

Journeyman

Sprint reminds me of when you get out of a relationship and the other person doesn't want to be with you but doesn't want anyone else to have you. They don't want to give us apps, but also don't want anyone else to be able to.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat