cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petition for developers to LOCK SCREENS DURING A CALL

Highlighted
Patron

Petition for developers to LOCK SCREENS DURING A CALL

As we all know, we cannot lock the screen while we talk. Not only drains battery, but also renders "handsfree" handsets completely USELESS. Why? The screen is still on while we talk and the touch screen reacts to all kind of touch and bumps.

Will on another thread commented that there were no updates for the locking screen, yet he said that they wont allow 3rd party apps to run in the background for battery concerns, however, no lock screen support is quite ironic, because turning off the screen while we talk SAVES battery.

Now, sign if you agree to make this update....in any upcoming MR... It worked once with the keyboard, hopefully it will work again.

And to quote AKIPIKA:

I WANT TO LOCK THE SCREEN WHEN ON A CALL!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Sorry if this has been done before, and please point it out if it has been done!

P.S.S. CALLING SPRINT COSTUMER SUPPORT WILL LOCK THE SCREEN!

Message Edited by NSpeed on 02-18-2009 06:47 PM

Tags (4)
25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman MDG
Journeyman

Re: Peition for developers to LOCK SCREENS DURING A CALL

Sounds like a good idea, however, I doubt that it would make it into MR5. I would imagine that the content/fixes for that update would be pretty well set at this time and in more of a testing phase. Just trying to be realistic.

Journeyman

Agreed

Even after would be fine with me.

Journeyman

agreed

Journeyman

AGREED

AGREED

Journeyman

agreed

agreed

Journeyman

Re: Petition for developers to LOCK SCREENS DURING A CALL

@NSpeed wrote:

Will on another thread commented that there were no updates for the locking screen, yet he said that they wont allow 3rd party apps to run in the background for battery concerns, however, no lock screen support is quite ironic, because turning off the screen while we talk SAVES battery.

Ironic isn't the word for it... I think it's another kind of "ronic".

Oh, and.... Agreed.

Wizard

agreed! this was a real obvious one, should have been there from the beginning. it could be accompanied by a slide to unlock the screen! the technology exists in the phone already just apply it!

Journeyman

Oh HECK yeah. Agreed!!! A 100X over!!!

Patron

Agreed !

& A slide to unlock phone instead of that annoying button

Journeyman

also agree

Journeyman

Agreed - I can't stand answering the phone with my blueto...

Agreed - I can't stand answering the phone with my bluetooth headset while the phone is in my holster and having it cancel the bluetooth headset because it got bumped.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat