cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone stuck in headset mode!!!

Highlighted
Patron

Phone stuck in headset mode!!!

After listenting to music on my phone via the headset, I now notice that i can not hear calls recieved, callers cant hear me and i cant hear voicemail messages. I gather it's stuck in headset mode! I called t sprint customer service and after resetting, powercycling, and everything else short of setting my phone on fire- nothing works!! I can use the phone in the meantime, but only w/ the headset/ mic provided. Is there a fix for this??

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Phone stuck in headset mode!!!

@hidnknwldge wrote:
After listenting to music on my phone via the headset, I now notice that i can not hear calls recieved, callers cant hear me and i cant hear voicemail messages. I gather it's stuck in headset mode! I called t sprint customer service and after resetting, powercycling, and everything else short of setting my phone on fire- nothing works!! I can use the phone in the meantime, but only w/ the headset/ mic provided. Is there a fix for this??

Probably not because it sounds like it might be a hardware issue. Whatever little thing/contact is down inside that jack must be stuck in the on position. You may have to be prepared to exchange your phone. I suppose it could be a software glitch of some sort, but since others haven't come here mentioning that issue, I'm going to say it's a hardware problem with your particular handset.

Journeyman

I am having the exact same problem. Called Sprint today and they tried reseting the phone. No luck. They are sending me a package to return the product. I use the music part of the phone a lot. I think this is a repeatable defect with the instinct and now what I thought was a great phone I will not recommend to anyone. How would you like to get stuck with a 500.00 phone that does'nt work for two years? If they can't fix this issue I'm going iphone.

George Patten

Journeyman

@hidnknwldge wrote:

I would guess that this is not an issue with something being physically stuck in the jack, because in order for you not hear calls AND not be heard thru the microphone, both headset rings and the microphone ring contacts would all 3 have to be engaged. Not likely. Sounds more like a hardware rather than a software issue tho, since a reset doesn't clear the problem.

Do you have that CDMA Workshop program on your PC. If you run that, maybe it can tell you if the phone thinks it's in headset mode.

Levi4u posted this recently in another post... you can download CDMA Workshop from his website:

Goto my website http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/sprintinstinct/files/Utilities/and download CDMA Workshop, Install it on your computer, plug in your phone and run the program. It will give you your lock code.

Message Edited by MarkBugs on 10-18-2008 04:51 PM

Journeyman

samething with me my phone is doing the same thing but the only way i got it to work by putting the headset on and putting it to sleep then taking off the headset then turning it on or waking it up. it will be sloww and retarded for some mins but just put it to sleep aganin and try to wake it up again but make sure you dont turn it off it will work just give it like two mins to wake up and then it will run fine. Just don have it playing music on you AUX on your car or stereo and then take it off to get a call it will do the same problem again to you.

Journeyman

i agree with sefa, one of the replacements i got had that...

i agree with sefa, one of the replacements i got had that problem, on my 3rd replacement phone now...and pattengl...go iPhone if they'll still take your phone back, its wayyyy better!

Journeyman

Re: i agree with sefa, one of the replacements i got had that...

Well I-phone is an ideal phone for not messing up but it will freeze more often than the instinct and its rest method does not fix the problem it makes it worse its Google map system is nothing compared to the mapping system the instinct uses and its all around multi. Capacity is better. But sure the i-phone is an ideal phone but not the best.

Journeyman

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It doesn't need resetting. It's a problem inside the headphone jack. My phone does this all the time. I literally have to stick a bobby pin inside the jack until it says headphones disconnected. Try sticking your stylus in there next time this happens. This is a stupid solution but it works. HOPE THIS HELPS

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat