Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pioneer Car Stereo Bluetooth does not work with Instinct

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pioneer Car Stereo Bluetooth does not work with Instinct

I have talked to a lot of people. The instinct bluetooth does not work with pioneer car stereos. They need to issue an update to fix this. Or...give us the option in the bluetooth menu to enable a different protocol that will work with pioneer.

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Journeyman

My Instinct phone pairs nicely with my Pioneer FH-P800 BT but Bluetooth streaming audio does not work. Has anyone heard from Pioneer about what, if anything, they plan tto do about this? It's not a huge issue except that since the head unit says it support BT audio it should support it on a phone like the Instinct.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The pioneer 7900BT car radio. Bluetooth connects and you can control the phone from the radio via bluetooth, but no sound.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Both the 800 and the 7900 should work -they support A2DP.

Do you have the latest firmware on your Instinct?  It appears you are able to pair with the head unit, but not play music, correct?

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

That is correct (phone works - audio streaming doesn't, or at least I can't get any sound). As far as I know I have the latest Instinct firmware, unless there is something I need to do to download it manually. I am assuming that the firmware is updated automatically.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, I also can connect with the 7900BT, and I can control the phone from the radio, but like the other guy, NO SOUND!!! I can fast forward, rewind, and play from the radio to the phone, but no sound. I also have the latest firmware on my phone. My radio does support A2DP. This is wierd, I can't figure this one out!

Highlighted
Journeyman

"""Do you have the latest firmware on your Instinct? It appears you are able to pair with the head unit, but not play music, correct? """ Yes that is correct

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still doesn't work after the new update.

Highlighted

We have forwarded this information to the Sprint Developers and Samsung.  Thank you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, so do we have a list of car radios that will work with our phone completely?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a avic-z2 with the ndbt-1 and my phone will not pair with it. Anyone have any ideas???

Highlighted
Journeyman

A2DP streaming works on my wife's Ford Focus's Sync stereo.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a Motorola T605 and it pairs and works beautifully.

Make sure the volume on your phone (not the car) is turned all the way up (the default is one). You should hear the audio as if it were plugged in.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat