cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please everyone ask and we will get apps for the HD

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please everyone ask and we will get apps for the HD

Look if they fix all the one hundred million problems with mr 1 through 90 we will have one of the best phones out there. But we will never ever say we have the best if we dont have any apps? and im sure if we will complain long enough somthing might happen, i dont see why we cant have access to app marked where are phone can go into android mode or somthing, and yes i understand the user interface stops that from happening but there are lots of apps where you just read stuff and those we should have access too i dont see why not you have to pay for some of them than we will have the best phone. 

18 REPLIES 18
Journeyman

Re: Please everyone ask and we will get apps for the HD

doggy54718 wrote:

Look if they fix all the one hundred million problems with mr 1 through 90 we will have one of the best phones out there. But we will never ever say we have the best if we dont have any apps? and im sure if we will complain long enough somthing might happen, i dont see why we cant have access to app marked where are phone can go into android mode or somthing, and yes i understand the user interface stops that from happening but there are lots of apps where you just read stuff and those we should have access too i dont see why not you have to pay for some of them than we will have the best phone.

I was an Instinct user for over a year, we asked for apps the entire time...I guess you see how many apps we got.

I just got rid of my Instinct and went with the Hero. Now I have too many apps. I don't know which ones to test first...

Journeyman

lol u loser, but i totally understand what you mean, but you have to also understand you and I are not gonna be able to do it alone, a thorn in the side is going to be the solution. At the time the first instinct was good, but too many updated phones came so  quickly we became even and surpassed. The old instinct had apps, but you had to go to a special website and there werent too many but atleast someone tried to get somthing going, and one thing i can never understand is why they never told everyone about opera mini 4.2 and that it works on the original instinct. The opera mini works faster than the opera mobile on my instinct hd, that would have made so many people happy but no one knew about it or where to find it. This is the phone that was developed to compete with the iphone that has lots of success in many ways but not include apps? i just dont get it, it seems like they were just thinking if people want apps they will just go with android but no, i like the instinct user interface, i love the new crisp bigger screen, i like the camera features, so why have all that and no apps? that just makes it half way? if you get a Grade A and E it only averages out to C. Your right but you should have put more fight for the second generation of it, not too many people get it right the first time, Iphone may have invented to wheel, but the hd could have been the perilli of wheels, but as of now its looking kind of concerning. 

Journeyman

Our chances at apps is dependant on developers.  I've already requested a compass, yes useless, but apps now have more accessibility on this phone using the proximity sensor and accelerometer. So, while it may be slow going at first, I'm looking forward to whatever becomes available. Already contacted Pandora, so guess we'll see. I'm just enjoying the upgrade

Journeyman

wow your def a go getter and should be the general of this movement for the apps on instinct hd. We have to find a way to get everyone together so we can speak as many through one voice. I like your idea alot lets not wait lets contact the developers themselfes. You have the right idea now we just have to find a way to get everyone to do it. And dont forget the ambient light sensor, and the holiday screen savers are awesome def enjoying the ugrade even with the problems. The phone is beautiful, and with apps and more push for advirtisement it would be a competitor i dont understand what sprint is thinking? isnt this the main phone? I had my HD next to the iphone the otherday and i was like wow my screen looks good hd way sexier.

Journeyman

Without starting a new thread, though I probably will since Sprint has excluded us from conversations, I'm curious about this.

Sure, if I wanted apps galore, the Pre or Android would be the place for availability now, but all I wanted first was a better Instinct, and I can say that Sprint and Samsung have definately delivered on this with our new HD. Lucky us who were able to pick one up for 129.99 at Best Buy when the offer was on the table, and lucky us were the one's who picked one up that didn't freeze up all the time and had all the updates work.

Apps...now this is supposed to be the new Titan platform that didn't fair well on winmo phones.

First questions is what is being done to Insure this platform will have better success this time? Have they released an official " Titan sdk " yet?

Second, is Sprint going to run another contest to entise interest in development for this phone too?

And finally, anyone with knowledge from Sprint have any clue which apps currently work on the HD phone besides the few available at instinct-software.com or this one found that works as a bible? http://www.olivetree.com/java/ ...Should we pray?

Yes, we're aware of the 25 available apps in the lounge, but not even your NFL app has audio, making it almost useless to HD owners.

Journeyman

first i have to say you guys are great! i mean there just so many good points if sprint just took our advice and used it everyone would be happy not that hard i just dont get it. And you got a HD for 129? how did you pull that off? and u def hit the hammer on the head with i want a better instinct first so right, now we do have a better one but lets finish hard with apps.

Journeyman

doggy54718 wrote:

first i have to say you guys are great! i mean there just so many good points if sprint just took our advice and used it everyone would be happy not that hard i just dont get it. And you got a HD for 129? how did you pull that off? and u def hit the hammer on the head with i want a better instinct first so right, now we do have a better one but lets finish hard with apps.

Yep, 129.99...even posted about it in it's own thread a few down from this one.....unfortunately the link I provided now says 179.99 making me think it was indeed an error ( although the flyer at Best Buy on the 15th also stated 129.99 ).

Gonna go with lucky since the only special I saw today on Black Friday were free purple s30's and 79$ Pre's.

No reason Sprint shouldn't run a contest for HD development, since they never paid out a winner on the original Instinct developer's contest,

it leaves un-spent money that could be used again for a new contest for the HD...guess we'll see.

And at what point does Sprint get involved with helping in our pursuit?  Here's what Mike at Pandora had to say concerning this new platform and/or Pandora's availability on the HD

Hi Rob

Thanks for writing and for the Samsung Instinct HD suggestion.

We've been developing for different kinds of mobile platforms for a couple of years now and it's become clear over time that as a small company with modest engineering resources we should focus on developing for major smartphone platforms from here on out.  We're specifically looking for platforms that offer a clear path for development and certification, a strong likelihood of being able to re-use our code and a robust platform lifespan.

That means it's not likely we'll have the resources to pursue developing for your preferred device in the foreseable future. I understand that may be somewhat disappointing, but we'd rather be honest with you now at the outset rather than dissapoint you more deeply later on.

Thanks for writing

Best

Mike @ Pandora

Again I ask, when does Sprint jump in to help us out?

Message was edited by: goygacon

Journeyman

I totally understand your fustration i mean i am also fustrated too. Atleast you got the instinct for a good price i paid 350 and waiting for my rebate that might not come, and i also paid 380 for the original lol, so trust me i understand. I also understand that apps are not easy to make that being verified from your post, even adroid is talking about the extra work they have to do now with all the different android phones which to me defeats the purpose. But anyways my point is it seems to be a big misscommunication. I went to the sprint store to talk about our problem, and the guy told me well were waiting for samsung to let us know whats gonna happen, and im like wtf? i bought the phone from sprint not samsung? so it seems like we need to give it to both sprint and samsung now. What i think it is is sprint contracts to samsung to make thier phone, and now the new phone needs more stuff no one wants to spend the money because its not part of the contracts to add more stuff. Someone said sprint has left over money but they dont, the ceo wanted to do some research on making batteries last longer but they didnt have any banked money. But theres ways around these things but they keep hiring fools, not innovators, for example if i was sprint i would have said put led and lcd in the phones more expensive but better battery life.

Journeyman

Well, I'm not going to fret what apps we probably will never get. More disappointed in what happened with the original, least it got Pandora...still arguing my case in point with mike@pandora to at least look into making the app work on our HD....which it Did until our update...so much for open source. Not gonna hold my breath waiting for apps. I still have two weeks with this phone, so far, I'm impressed with the improvements, but not the performance.

Oh yeah, upgrade available for Opera Mobile....

Journeyman

Whats mikes email address, i dont really care too much for pandora but im all for options and choices, i want to send him email so he knows more than just you wants pandora on the instinct hd. I dont wanna fret either, but i dont want to act like its nothing otherwise nothing will get done. But i def love the phone and i can go on all day about the upgrades but i think we all know them, and i really cant figure out the performance either it suposedly has a duo processor but i dont know for sure, maybe the software needs more fine tuning but that happens when you try to fit a bunch of options into one phone. Im excipet about the update for the opera mobile anything special we have to do or just the usual update the software in settings?

Journeyman

Just open Opera mobile, then open settings/advanced/check for ugrade

The address I used to request Pandora was pandora-support@pandora.com

Message was edited by: goygacon

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat