cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pocket Express 1.2.26 Bug

Highlighted
Wizard

Pocket Express 1.2.26 Bug

i accepted the upgrade from PE yesterday and have been getting the pop-up ad periodically from reading news articles.  the worse is that the pop-up occurs when a news section is selected (e.g., US News) because there is no way to get pass the pop-up to view the articles within that section until an update is initiated.  In addition, everytime a pop-up occurs, it directs the phone to the native browser and the only way to get back to the PE article is to navigate via multiple options to get back to opening PE again and back to the article/section that initiated the pop-up.

this has got to be a bug because i cannot see how this is a valid and acceptable user interface.

Phone SW: ES.M800 CH27

HW: M800.08

Pocket Express: 1.2.26

39 REPLIES 39
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Pocket Express 1.2.26 Bug

Good luck, I've been trying to get these reps to acknowledge this problem for a couple days now....
Don't fret...this place is gonna light up in a hot second as more and more are seeing this...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have 1.2.26 and have yet to experience what you describe. What version of the Instinct do you have? Mine is the M800 (the original).

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too have the origional M800
The easiest way for me to see the pop up is to simply click on news/top stories, then any of the headlines....after that pop up happens....doesn't matter what I select

Highlighted
Journeyman MDG
Journeyman

Goy,

are you still having this issue (after rebooting, refreshing data etc.)?

I was only able to replicate the Klondike ad when I hit the link for US news stories,........... but I just checked and I am no longer getting the pop up on any of the news links including the Top US News stories and also the Top Stories headlines.

Wondering if Handmark resolved the issue? Let me know, and if not, I can make sure it is reported.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Quick check...not seeing the pop up....To be continued...

Thanks for responding, I'll let you know more in the morning ( usually notice this after midnight through the early a.m. )

Message was edited by: goygacon

Highlighted
Journeyman

2a.m.  There it is again.
Please report this...PLEASE
Steps took for the native browser Klondike pop up:
Opened P.E. news, then top stories, then ...Obigo highjacking, it's like a bad joke really...

Highlighted
Journeyman

was going to post the pop up address but the link kept taking me back here...so that couldn't be it.....weird man
I hope they fix it quick...I work graveyard shift, and this is a handy app

Message was edited by: goygacon

Highlighted
Journeyman MDG
Journeyman

I'll report it. I was going to on Friday, but it disappeared for a while.

I checked Sat. morning and did not have the browser/pop up ad, and I also checked at 5pm Sat. evening, and do not have it on any of the stories. Hard to trouble shoot when it comes and goes.  Handmark has been directed to the screen shots in your original thread regarding the M800 updates and they are investigating it.

Message was edited by: MDG

Journeyman

Just to throw a log on the fire under PE's butt, i had the same problem this morning: US news brought me to a Klondike bar add in the native program. Oddly enough, works fine this afternoon. Why do this to us PE? What did we do for this Klondike bar?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Posted on my origional thread...here's the silly pop up address causing all the problems...

http://static.2mdn.net/viewad/1841338/193745/Klondike_Bar_Mobile_216x36.gif?referringURI=ams://OnDem...

Thanks MDG for reporting this, as it just happened again not 10 minutes ago

Highlighted
Wizard

thanks for running with this.  it doesn't happen all the time.  it seems like an algorithim that shows the pop-up after an update on a new day (relative to whoever brings PE up for first view that day).  the pop-up remains throughout PE for a few minutes randomly popping up from different PE options, then would go away for the day.  well, i'm probably guessing on the timing, because it is not predictable.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat