cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pocket Express Update

Journeyman

Re: i've recieved every update but that one

I've only seen the one post on your website. Do you have any other sources? Does that person that got the update have the Instinct or the s30? I'd like to see some confirmation is possible.

btw, I believe the "auto update" has to do with the program downloading the news. If you turn it off, you'll have to manually update want to read the news . When that happens you'll be prompted to download the new software, if it's actually being pushed to the phone.

Journeyman

The source is good... ddjohnson. Says there's banners added, and it runs smoother...and he has our Instinct...

personal friend, good source, wouldn't have posted otherwise...I haven't gotten the update....hold on, let me check since I'm writing this.........Nope...Wonder why only a selected few are getting this?

Quote from ddjohnson " Nothing was added except for banner ads at the top of the page like the ones on the default web browser. And the fluidity of the operation. loads faster and smoother. No new add on features like stocks etc. "

Message Edited by goygacon on 05-06-2009 05:18 PM

Journeyman

If it's just a banner ad at the top of the page I think I can deal with that if it means loading things faster.

Journeyman

Re: Pocket Express Update

@Vorless DarkChaos wrote:
banner ad is nothing to make a big deal over
it is just a very small ad
Today it's just a very small ad... what about tomorrow? Where is your line of tolerance? Ads on the dialer? The music player? How about the Favs screen, would you still be okay with it?
It's one thing to voluntarily load a freeware app on your phone and see ads. But to have ads show up in a preloaded section of the phone, with no option to remove them, or remove the app for that matter, is a whole different matter. I don't like this precedent.

Journeyman

When accessing News this afternoon I received a message:

"A new version of the data services is available now for a free upgrade. Do you want to upgrade your services now?"

You can select "Continue" or "Upgrade".

I tried saying "Continue," and was able to avoid upgrading. However everytime I go to access a Pocket Express app. I get the same message, which I don't like dealing with, so I decided to go ahead and upgrade to v1.2.20.

There is now a wonderful banner ad (the ad is for thumbplay) which is located immediately below the title of the application, e.g. right below "News" if that's where you are. The banner ad scrolls.

I cannot tell if the service is different in any other respect other than the addition of advertising.

Thank you, Sprint!

Message Edited by drdrr on 05-07-2009 07:49 PM

Journeyman

Just had the exact same thing happen to me. Now I get ads, unbelievable. Thanks Sprint. I can't wait till my contract expires so I can drop you.

[edited for content that violates BAW community guidelines]

Message Edited by MikeLee on 05-08-2009 08:18 AM

Journeyman

This is unacceptable from Sprint. It's not like we voluntarily load this app on to our phone, it's BUILT INTO THE FREAKIN OS!!!!

I hear T-Mobile is getting the HTC Touch Pro 2 first. I guess I know where I'll be headed as soon as my contract is up.

Re-freakin-diculous.

banner ad is nothing to make a big deal over
it is just a very small ad

Patron

Here's an idea, before you start pushing ads on your users...TRY GETTING THE POCKET EXPRESS VIDEOS TO WORK FIRST. Ads are good for apps that WORK, not that keep resetting back to the main menu.

Journeyman

To draw attention to this from any Sprint people, if they still exist on this site, I'm going to curse.

Un-**bleep**ing-believeable

I'm no martyr.

Master

It is being reported that you can roll back to the previous version by sending a text to your phone with this in the subject line;

http://www.handmark.com/downloads/2483/SamsungM800EX.jad

You can do it from your sprint.com account page.

Journeyman

Most likely when you roll it back, you will still continue to get the message to update to the new version.

Sprint needs to stop this. I don't like having ads shoved down my throat on something I am already paying a fair amount for.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat