cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibly leaving Sprint...

Highlighted
Patron

Possibly leaving Sprint...

On the news of a lot of channel removal from Sprint TV, no update whatsoever on our issues with the Instinct, horrible communication, I decided it's time for a change. I'm possibly changing to T Mobile. Get a MyFave plan, plus the Google Phone. We would be saving over $10 a month, and when you carry it over a year, we are talking about $120 a year in savings. So Sprint, I'm using your OWN medicine in savings.

I have been largely dissapointed on the service with the Instinct. Apps crash for no aparent reason, "fixes" that brings more bugs, sluggish OS, common issues that has been discussed previously aren;t fixed, even though there is supposed to be someone reading our issues, etc, etc, etc.

Sprint's business model is just wrong, way wrong, and they wonder why they keep loosing costumers. A message to you Sprint: It doesnt matter what surveys says, how many phones you sell, you are still loosing. You may have shattered your own records with the Instinct, but how many you lost that month? As a matter of fact, Instinct sales numbers were NEVER given...How many people returned their INstincts?

Costumer Service representatives who have NO IDEA on what they are talking about. Slow Responses, everything. You guys say you have seen our complaints, yet, NOTHING is done...NOTHING.

It has been 2 years, and I wish I would've NEVER gotten my Instinct. I was perfectly fine with my UpStage, who has the same features, if not more.

My 2 cents thrown in. Many will disagree...

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here; I regret getting the Instinct. Unfortunately, only T-Mobile has Android, and they don't have 3G here yet. My choice: fast network with awful software, or slow network with great software?

Highlighted
Journeyman

@goygacon wrote:

@AmazinglySmooth wrote:
Just do it. I did. I'm quite happy with my new provider and Instinct-killer.

I like the ring of that...Instinct-killer

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

@AmazinglySmooth wrote:

I like the ring of that...Instinct-killer

Highlighted
Journeyman

@mlblack16 wrote:
One could argue that the "Instinct Killer" is the Instinct or Sprint (or perhaps both)

Or just the attempt to break its ability to run java apps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Enough with the threats just do what you gotta do and do it. You are not going to single handedly going to change sprints business practice. And for those of you that "left" sprint, why do you keep coming back to this forum? poof... be gone your done!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, if losing 5+million customers hasn't taught them that existing customer's experiences and recommendations are what determines whether they get any new customers or not, one more isn't likely to make the difference.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You might say I'm a jaded Instinct user. I've basically come to terms with the apparent reality that the Instinct is what it is, and will never get substantively better. The proof is in the pudding: There are no major updates planned at this point.<br><br>Having said that I hope I'm wrong :)<br><br>So while I enjoy monitoring this forum and occasionally throwing in my two cents worth, I think that it is pointless for me* to waste further precious time and energy submitting more requests imploring Sprint to improve the handset.<br><br>*Those of you out there who recently got an Instinct should definitely take the time to air your impressions, requests and recommendations.<br><br>Or to rephrase this in a more positive way, I think Sprint has the data, they are already aware of everything we have repetitively told them over the past year, and for whatever reason they have made a business decision to not act on our requests.<br><br>All our hard work may not be in vain. It is possible that Sprint will build many of our recommendations into the next generation Instinct, or a completely different handset platform. But being jaded, I suspect not. Time to move on.<br><br>So...what am I doing? At this point, I am trying to take my mind off all the things that really bother me about the Instinct and its lost potential and instead enjoy the things that I do still really like about it. As soon as I think there is a better handset out there for me (with Sprint, the Palm Pre is high on my list), I will switch.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think the Palm Pre is the ultimate answer, this will be the true iphone killer! 🙂

Seriously. theopen api's will help but this cell needs more horse-power, better screen etc, it does what it does well but there is better and I seriously believe when the Pre is out, that will become the new flagship cell for Sprint.

My $.02

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ilove how the Pre looks, and it will be full of functionality the Instinct can only dream of but I cannot bring myself to return to a portrait keyboard only even with T9 input. I may have sent a text msg once a month before the Instinct, and now one or more per hour because of the ease of a real (looking at least) keyboard. Even still, I believe the Pre will be a smash hit (Apple thinks so too.....hahaha, I love it), Wile I dont think it will destroy the iphone/sales, nothing would make me happier if it does!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat