cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post MR-4 Music Player Update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Post MR-4 Music Player Update?

Can't seem to reply to any other threads so... So does "do not have further information" in the Post MR-4 Update post mean no details at all concerning update plans for the music player? I'd hold off buying an MP3 player if I knew the following fixes were coming. Mainly, the Album view crashing issue - album art seems too much for it and Uncaught Exceptions occur frequently - and the problem with not being able to tell what the songs are in any view other than Album view, which would entail a funamental design change, but it's neccessary to make the player usable, e.g. they should be in a smaller font, they should scroll if cut off, the song should be above the artist instead of all on the same line, and it would help if it could be rotated into landscape mode.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Post MR-4 Music Player Update?

Just from monitoring this forum for a few months, I think I can give you a pretty good guess as to whether there are any updates coming for the Music player. Don't hold your breath. It hasn't been mentioned specifically AT ALL in any announcements from Sprint. I'd like to be proven wrong though.

Message Edited by MarkBugs on 11-26-2008 07:10 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey warrior_poet, just wanted to let you know that the reason you can't reply in that thread is because its a 'read-only' thread.

Message Edited by MikeLee on 11-27-2008 09:08 AM

Highlighted
Journeyman

how about just a update that would prevent it from having...

how about just a update that would prevent it from having to search the memory card every time you go into the player. so annoying when you havent turned off the phone or uploaded any new music...

Highlighted
Journeyman

@MarkBugs wrote:

Just from monitoring this forum for a few months, I think I can give you a pretty good guess as to whether there are any updates coming for the Music player. Don't hold your breath. It hasn't been mentioned specifically AT ALL in any announcements from Sprint. I'd like to be proven wrong though.

Message Edited by MarkBugs on 11-26-2008 07:10 PM

You're right. There has been no mention about an update for the music player, so I would highly doubt they'll come out with anything in the near future. . .. or the far future.

Highlighted
Master

I have asked repeatedly about a music player update and it gets ignored every time, Not even a scripted "I'll ask and post if I find out anything" (Which is getting old really fast by the way) 9 times out of 10 they never post back with anything. I bought this phone for the music player so I wouldn't have to carry my Ipod any more But I still have to.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here, but after being severly let down and overly annoyed with the Instinct's incredibly basic, slow and buggy Music Player... I purchased an iPod Touch and I don't dare leave home without it. The iPod Touch is amazing! It's so nice that it has an internal speaker, plus when I hook it up in my car, it's twice as loud. It plays at normal volume, where as the Instinct, I have to go from 35-40 up to 60-65 with it playing at 7 and 8 on the phone to acheive the same level of db.

I'll tell you this, cover flow on the iPod Touch is amazing, especially when driving... so much easier to navigate through albums. I try that with the Instinct and I put my g/f into anxiety mode and she thinks we are going to die, so she grabs the phone from me. But with the iPod Touch, she's not bothered at all.

Music Player needs an update almost as much as the TV does.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lets face it, the music player sucks and is buggy as heck.

Icreated the following thread a while backfor us tocollectively list the unique deficencies or bugs encountered with this application. Lets use and list the areas of concern into one large thread so that it gains visibility and hopefully Sprint will take us seriously.

http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/baw/board/message?board.id=Samsung_Instinct&message.id=23558#M23...

If nothing happens as a result, at least we will disuade future and current Sprint customers from making such a mistake as believing Sprints hype.

Together we can move mountains - or get a stable, user friendly music manager/player application!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was really hoping that a developer or someone with the...

I was really hoping that a developer or someone with the inside scoop on plans for the music player would respond with a yay or nay, i.e. confirmation if I should hold out a few weeks for improvements to the app, or go ahead and splurge on an MP3 player if there were no plans whatsoever to change it's design.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: I was really hoping that a developer or someone with the...

warrior_poet,

If you have the money, the iPod Touch is absolutely amazing! Having that by your side will give you WiFi access and a much better overall web experience. There are some seriously cool apps, there's a lot of stuff that's very useful. The games are rock solid. The sound quality leaves the Instinct in the dirt, which is where the music app belongs. External sound seems to be at a normal level compared to the Instinct which seems to be very low. So when I plug my iPod Touch into my cd deck in my car, I can keep the volume near what the level is I listen to CDs and radio at... but with the Instinct I have to crank it up almost double. The iPod Touch is very easy to navigate music while driving. Just rotate 90 to bring up Cover Flow, and just slide between album covers until you select one... which then brings up a very easy to read list of songs from that album. You can do it with one hand and it's quick, easy and very efficient which is a must while driving.

With the Instinct, it seems down right dangerous to switch albums and songs while driving, so I just put it in shuffle and dealt with it like that.

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but I am not very optimistic about future music player updates... not to mention updates after MR5. I figure if there aren't any unforseen major glitches with MR5, Sprint will just say the hell with the Instinct and drop all development and move on and focus their attention on the next big phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: I was really hoping that a developer or someone with the...

Scanning the card each time and the problem with art work made me give up on the Instinct player. I also bought an iPod Touch 2nd generation. The difference is a stormy night and a bright day. I don't need to say which is which.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat