cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem With Gmail On my Instinct

Problem With Gmail On my Instinct

For some reason no new mail appears in my gmail on my instinct cell phone.

Tags (2)
16 REPLIES 16
Journeyman

Re: Problem With Gmail On my Instinct

yikes, that's no fun!

- Do you have other accounts that do receive new mail?

- Is this a newly established account on your Instinct, and if not did the gmail used to receive mail previously?

- Have you already tried removing the gmail account and re-adding it?

(i'm wondering if there could possibly be an incorrect character in your password, or perhaps your changed your gmail password)

Wizard

VorlessDarkChaos wrote:

For some reason no new mail appears in my gmail on my instinct cell phone.

I was having this problem for the last couple days, but I just cleared my browser cache (privacy data), clear temp email files, then turned off phone, popped the battery out for 30s, put back in, turn on and it seemed to fix my issues (my routine every 2 days).  It started updating again for me, I am sure you tried this routine already, but thought I would throw it out there.  Now what I can't stand are the emails that come from this forum that just say "Digital Testing", but that's unrelated to the Instinct really.

That said, I have had issues with my blue star notifications since the email upgrade and MR-7 didn't do anything to help it, not that I thought it would.  It constantly blinks when nothing is there, even after I check it and refresh it.  I have all but checked out with the Instinct though, 20 more days till the Hero.  It locks up and I don't get mad any more, it lags when replying to an email and I just stop and turn it off, the blue star blinks and I don't chuck it out of my car window.  Overall the email app has been terrible since the upgrade to the email application a few weeks ago, very slow for me....again, can't wait to get out of Sprint's shadow for 3rd party apps.

Journeyman

Wow. I am having the same problem with Sprint related BAW emails but on my Instinct synced emails from Yahoo. I've had this problem for 3 days now. I get all other emails from yahoo, hotmail, aol, and gmail.... but none from Sprint on my Instinct. Seriously, what the heck is going on here? We finally get MR-7. Now RSS issues and email issues.

The phone must be cursed. MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

(A little pre halloween humor.)

Journeyman

hehehehe.......yes, cursed since July 2008!

i clear my browser cache,temp e-mail files and also  pull out battery. Now i get this message>some   changes are pending to be synced out. Please Try again Later(S7822)

Message was edited by: VorlessDarkChaos

Wizard

VorlessDarkChaos wrote:

i clear my browser cache,temp e-mail files and also  pull out battery. Now i get this message>some   changes are pending to be synced out. Please Try again Later(S7822)

I too get that sometimes.  Just let it go and update on its own, it should update the email in the next 15 minutes or so.  Sometimes, if I hit "refresh" it refuses to refresh and gives me the message that you have listed above.  Then if I just let it go, it will update on its own....very strange, I know.  If it doesn't rectify itself, then I am not sure what to tell you.  Usually the battery thing works and then let it be.

i did a test to try to find out what the problem is. i can send e-mails to my hotmail e-mail address but when i refresh my gmail account it resends everything from my outbox again.

it also resends everything from my outbox when i just send a e-mail. but no e-mail appears in my gmail on my cell phone.

I sent my log file to sprint about the problem but
at that time i did not known it was resending
everything from my e-mai and i did not known.

Journeyman

I took my phone in to the sprint store to work on this problem and they kept it for a few hours to work on it, then they said it was a problem with my phone and gave me a new one.  I picked up the new one earlier today and even on the new phone it is still not working.  What to do now?  I would upgrade to the new google phone to hopefully not have this issue any more if it wouldn't cost me so much.  Anyone else have them give you a new phone for a fix and still not work??  (And before you ask the password and username are correct and there is nothing to empty from the cache because it is a new phone).  I have taken the battery out, deleted and re-added the app, everything.  And the techs at the store did the same thing.

I have not taken my Samsung M800 instinct in yet.

I have no problem sending any e-mail from my gmail on my cell phone.

I just do not receiving any e-mail on my gmail on my cell phone at all.

For Some Reason AnyTime When I send out or Refresh my Gmail anything that is in my gmail outbox on my instinct is sent out again and i do not known why.

I did send log file to customer Service team hopeful they can find out what the problem is.

To Send your log file just go to email settings on your instinct and selected send log file.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat