cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REPEATED NOTIFICATIONS FOR VOICE MAIL AND TEXT AND SMS MESSAGING

Highlighted
Journeyman

REPEATED NOTIFICATIONS FOR VOICE MAIL AND TEXT AND SMS MESSAGING

Every phone I have had in the past has the ability to have an adjustable notification timer for all missed phone calls, text messages, and emails. I've been with Nextel for almost 10 years and they have had that capability on even their most basic phones. Sprint needs to get a fix on this most basic concept for this phone. Their are numerous flaws in the design and function of this phone. Currently no matter what ringer type is selected I can only receive one small notification that there is a message waiting. If you aren't right by the phone you will never know that you have something waiting unless you constantly look at the phone. I'm afraid if there isn't a fix very soon this WONT be the phone for me. Does anyone have any information regarding where Sprint might be on this issue?

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

I really like the look and feel of the phone. However it...

I really like the look and feel of the phone. However it does not allow voice text messaging like the a900. There are other minor issues but not very serious yet. Hopefully sprint and samsung will have an update to address these issues. Any way it is a very cool phone.

Master

Re: REPEATED NOTIFICATIONS FOR VOICE MAIL AND TEXT AND SMS MESSAGING

Problem is, there are so many bigger problems with the phone that fixing the minor ones like this are at the bottom of the list with the SMS texting lag, keyboard button layout, assigning multiple rings to a contact, etc.. Look through the first several pages of this forum, you will see all the problems that currently exist.

Kinda the same discussion is taking place here

By the way, welcome to the board.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Re: REPEATED NOTIFICATIONS FOR VOICE MAIL AND TEXT AND SMS MESSAGING

I guess this just isn't an issue for me. I've never quite understood the complaint about needing to look at your phone. For the last 5 years I have had LG phones that didn't tell me anything without looking. Perhaps it is because I tend to be in loud environments a lot so I have to pull my phone out and look at it anyway from time to time as I would never hear a ring or feel the wimpy vibration they seem to put on phones. I suppose it all is what you are used to. A repeating beep would wear the battery down faster wouldn't it?? I can't see chucking a phone over such a small detail, but to each's own. We all work differently.

Journeyman

I keep getting a message 9016: Sprint SMS Voice Message c...

I keep getting a message 9016: Sprint SMS Voice Message config CFGs1301.0=10b87713b6a6cbc93c61B7cxYS9F//CM called sprint talked to someone about it,said they were having trouble with their text messaging it should be fixed at a certain time, if not call back ,i did,said same thing. still getting this at all hours of the day and night driving me crazy! is anyone else getting this,or knows what it is all about?

Journeyman

Re: I keep getting a message 9016: Sprint SMS Voice Message c...

i have the same thing, only i havent called sprint yet. its horrible, it started and now is getting worse, i get it at all times of day and night. and its becoming more frequent.

Journeyman

I called Sprint three times and they worked on it for several days. Nobody can figure this out 😞

every two hours since Thursday

Journeyman

Did anyone ever get this resolved? I'm on my 6th or so round with tech support.

3 customer service reps didn't know much about it... I was told to reply to it with "Unsubscribe" and "Stop", but both messages bounce because 9016 isn't really the sender. They also blocked SMS from 9016 to no avail.

Tech support knows a little more (I was one techs 2nd complaint today about this)... this relates in some way to Visual Voice Mail, but no one seems to know how to turn it off.  They refreshed my account (I had to reboot the phone but nothing was lost... or gained) Now they are suggesting I change my phone number and hope the problem doesn't follow me.  I suspect there are dozens or hundreds of bad phone numbers that people keep being assigned and then opting out of in frustration rather than Sprint either retiring the number or figuring out how to fix the problem.

Journeyman

Sprint fixed mine. Took several tech support calls but someone was smart enough to take care of it. It turned out that Sprint had to turn off all their messages to my phone and the request process time was 30 days. When the tech guy told me that he will fix it but I have to wait a month I was pretty disappointed because I thought I will wait for nothing. But they really stoped after 30 days

Journeyman

I am having the same issue, but I am hoping I dont have to turn my phone off to messages or change my phone number.

Journeyman

I blocked //ANDROID and //ANDROID:$ yesterday and didn't recieve any messages today. This is how my messages start, although I've seen other posts that start something like "BREW: has sent you a message"

I'll keep you posted.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat