Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RINGER VOLUME

Journeyman

RINGER VOLUME

Is it just me ... old and burned out from the 80's Rock and Roll volume .. I can't hear the phone ring unless I am right on top of it. I have it turned to level 8 and to me, it is still not terribly loud. That is why I was looking for loud ring tones. Speaker must be way hidden in there somewhere.

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

My instinct volume is also like that to.I have the volume...

My instinct volume is also like that to.I have the volume on 8 but it rings very low i was told by a CSR that they would replace it.If they was not able to fix the problem.So i suggest that you bring it to a sprint store and see if the can fix the problem if not.See if they can replace it with a brand new one (No Refurb)..

Highlighted
Patron

Be sure to check that the ringtone is in high quality. I...

Be sure to check that the ringtone is in high quality. I have very loud ringtones, an some EXTRA loud the speaker crackles. And I do have bad quality ringtones, that could be barely heard. its not a phone problem, its the quality of the ringtone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: RINGER VOLUME

I have the same problem. I don't think anything can be done about it except to check the phone often.

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

I've never had a problem with the ringer volume. I have some stock ringers that came on the phone and some from Myxer. Also, if your phone is in the stock case, make sure to put it in the case so the speaker on the top front of the phone is facing the speaker cut out in the case, so as not to muffle the ringer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You could try the ringer volume hack

1. from your dialer enter 47*869#1235, this will put your phone into test mode

2. enter 079 to bring up the ringers. ( use your volume up and down button on the side of your phone to go to the next ringer )

3. adjust each ringtone from 000-120 ( default for all is 000 except for one which is 010 )

4. when your done press # then 002 and your phone will reboot.

Warning: they get really loud. I have all of mine set on 20 for now.

The default ringers are definately louder, jury is still out on my custom made ringers ( they're loud already )

Hope this helps...

Highlighted
Master

You have posted in both the Instinct and Pre forums, I believe you have a Pre because of the new card glitch post you made. So to increase the ringer's on the Pre you can download the stock ringers that have been modified to be louder from here; http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/UOCTSpZ1QaGRgWdg2bxX9KsH0PICoYp-x1Wh44wUruzWpYyll9Ry7Eb3wAGB6iNVLee60Y0...

And plug in your phone to your PC and choose USB mode and replace the ringers in the ringtones folder.

Also you can download mp3gain(free) from here; http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/index.php and use it to boost your own ringtones/mp3's.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Good catch Levi4u...

I'm still getting used to this board before venturing to the others, lol...

Said modification above only works for the Instinct phone, to my knowledge...

Hey question on the Pre....they get the virtual keyboard working for all things Pre yet?

Heard they were working on it...

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Rumor 2 also won't adjust loud enough for me to hear it ring.  I've got it set on 8.  I tried putting it in test mode as suggested but it didn't work.  Does this work on the Rumor2?  I'd love to be able to turn them up.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat