cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Released from Sprint contract...What Now??

Journeyman

Released from Sprint contract...What Now??

I have been with Sprint since I bought my Instinct on 7/01/08. Sprint has released me from my contract today for lack of coverage. Airave was no help, I'm sending it back. Alltel will be my choice of carriers because of the superior coverage in this area, among other reasons. Question is what phone do I get. My first thought was Samsung Delve. I was also shown the HTC Touch Pro. I would be interested to hear from this forum on this subject, I've recieved a lot of help from you in the past. Is the Delve the phone we all want our Instinct to be? Is the HTC Touch the all grown up ready for prime time device we all want? I'm not that big on e-mail or texting, although I want it to be there. I will drop my XM subscription and want to use the music player even more. I enjoy talk radio channels whyle I drive and work. TV not really that inportant, the quality of which has caused me not to use it that much anyway. Htc's Windows media player enables me to listen to a lot of "talk" i couldn't otherwise. ......HELP!!!!!....thank you all in advance!!

11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

this is an sprint instinct forum, go to an alltel forum

Journeyman

Re: Released from Sprint contract...What Now??

Just as a reminder Alltel has been bought out by Verizon so I don't know how this will effect you. Some Alltel markets are being sold. Check with a local Alltel store for more information.

Journeyman

@jas24 wrote:

Just as a reminder Alltel has been bought out by Verizon so I don't know how this will effect you. Some Alltel markets are being sold. Check with a local Alltel store for more information.

I just found out my aere is being sold to the highest bidder.

Journeyman

Re: this is an sprint instinct forum, go to an alltel forum

Who made you a mod?

@billytx wrote:

Journeyman

What other providers are in your area? ATT has the Eternity.

Journeyman

I would go with the delve. It's a WM phone if that is what you want. The difference is Samsung put thier own interface on it like HTC did. No matter what company buys up your area they have to honor your contract and support the phone or give you the option to leave without penalty.

Journeyman

I'm looking at Verzion and the Omnia, looks real good!

@jas24 wrote:
What other providers are in your area? ATT has the Eternity.

Journeyman

@ncintimafan wrote:
Who made you a mod?

@billytx wrote:

He's not a mod, but his advice is sound. Find a forum for your provider, you'll get better information from people that have the service and the phones you're looking at.

Journeyman

Never mind, I found some much friendlier folks on another forum that don't mind sharing their experiences with me, so sorry I bothered all of you!

Journeyman

@ncintimafan wrote:
Never mind, I found some much friendlier folks on another forum that don't mind sharing their experiences with me, so sorry I bothered all of you!

You're not really getting it. You're asking advice for a company and product from people that are not using that service. It only makes sense for you to ask people that use the service and products what would work best for you. I and the other poster are being far from unfriendly, we are giving you the best advice for your situation.

I'm happy you found what you were looking for, and hope you find the product that works best for you.

Patron

@ncintimafan wrote:

Give me a break. I would not go to a Ford F-150 Forum to ask about buying a Dodge Ram. Considering your inept ability to see that telling to go to an Alltel forum was actually helpful.
Message Edited by MikeLee on 01-12-2009 03:50 PM

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat