cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting Feature Addition: Groups

Highlighted
Journeyman

Requesting Feature Addition: Groups

I would like to request that the instinct get added support for contact "groups". This user put in a ticket for it, but nothing has come of it thus far:

http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/baw/board/message?board.id=Samsung_Instinct&thread.id=1086

I have to send text messages to 63 people on my team(more could be added soon) and it's going to take a really long time at this rate. Groups need to be added it was a feature my 3 year old A900 had.

Also a suggestion for UI consistency. When you hit the + icon for things like adding contacts to a text message, the system should work the same as the email application. Instead of selecting one name, loading the contact list, hitting + again, adding another name hitting +, loading the contact list, selecting another name, etc. The system should work much like the email where you can select multiple emails at once by selecting the "mail" icon on the left, and then add a large number of contacts to a message at once.

If you try to do what I am saying you will understand what I mean. Maybe this could be passed along. It would make using the phone a lot quicker.

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Requesting Feature Addition: Groups

Those request sound good to me I second it.

Journeyman

Agreed!

Journeyman

Cool cool, any other thoughts?

Journeyman

great idea

Journeyman

That's pretty cool, but I'll have to look up my sprint online account login. It would only work on your mobile phone if they have made a mobile version of the site, because that version uses much too much javascript in order to be displayed correctly.

Master

I sent them suggestions, If it won't work on the mobile browser send them a suggestion it is in it's infancy and they want as much feedback as possible to make this what users want.

I asked about groups and syncing with mobile sync and the phones contacts and this was their response;

""Presently there is no way to setup text groups or sync contacts off your 'mobile sync page' or phone. We are actively working on a Create Groups feature and contact synchronization is also on the product roadmap.
One quick and easy way to add contacts is by entering the mobile number and contact name in the 'To Box' of the 'Send a Text' window. You can enter as many contacts as you like just separate them with a comma. For example: 555-444-8888 John Doe, 5553332222 Jane Doe, etc.. Once you press enter or tab out of the To Box the contacts will be created. If you forget to add the name, you can always single click the unnamed area on the contact card and single click again to edit the name in line.
Stay tuned and keep the great questions and feedback coming.
Happy texting.
-Zipwhip Support""
Message Edited by Levi4u on 03-02-2009 06:23 PM

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat