cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review of Instinct from Noah at Phonedog: Phone features/multimedia

Highlighted
Journeyman

Review of Instinct from Noah at Phonedog: Phone features/multimedia

Check out what Noah at Phonedog.com thinks of the Instinct.

Phone features:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6H7AUkcMwg

Multimedia (part 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7gPUxSDr-0

Tags (3)
14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman

Re: Review of Instinct from Noah at Phonedog: Phone features/multimedia

And the point to this is....?

Journeyman

These were done when the phone first came out. I looked at his site a few days ago and didn't seen any new reviews after the firmware/app updates.

Journeyman

@WestSiide wrote:
And the point to this is....?

Uhh, it's a review of the phone by a respected entitity in the cell phone industry? They were just posted on YouTube and I've noticed people asking on the forum was the Instinct worth buying. Chill out.

Journeyman

old videos are old.

Journeyman

@TonyBravo wrote:
old videos are old.

Ha. Has the phone honestly changed that much? I don't think so.

And apparently, you didn't read why I posted. People have been asking lately should they get an Instinct. I posted links to an unbiased review.

Wow...you guys really need to calm down a bit. I'm just trying to help people.

Journeyman

Well if someone came here asking for advice on the phone,wouldn't you think that they would like a personal experience with the instinct.Noah doesn't keep most of the phones he tests out beyond the trial period.So his video's are not as powerful now as lets say someone who has owned the phone for the last 3-4 months.People come here asking about the phone to get our personal feedback on it.I'm sure they've googled,and found tons of videos like the one you posted.Also-yes the phone has changed quite a bit since that video was released.Starting with the web app,it's gotten better. So i stick with my previous comment.Old videos are old.

Journeyman

@TonyBravo wrote:
Well if someone came here asking for advice on the phone,wouldn't you think that they would like a personal experience with the instinct.Noah doesn't keep most of the phones he tests out beyond the trial period.So his video's are not as powerful now as lets say someone who has owned the phone for the last 3-4 months.People come here asking about the phone to get our personal feedback on it.I'm sure they've googled,and found tons of videos like the one you posted.Also-yes the phone has changed quite a bit since that video was released.Starting with the web app,it's gotten better. So i stick with my previous comment.Old videos are old.

Look here, people on here have their own biased opinions on the Instinct. Maybe someone got a lemon, maybe someone loves it but doesn't use all the features, etc. Do you know what unbiased means? People like to see things in action. I'm sure your words means more than a reviewer actually showing the phones features.

The only tangible change to the Instinct has been the browser. That's it.

When the videos were shot, means practically nothing in the Instinct's case since practically nothing has changed about the Instinct.

Journeyman

@ARob1979 wrote:

@TonyBravo wrote:

Look here, people on here have their own biased opinions on the Instinct. Maybe someone got a lemon, maybe someone loves it but doesn't use all the features, etc. Do you know what unbiased means? People like to see things in action. I'm sure your words means more than a reviewer actually showing the phones features.

When the videos were shot, means practically nothing in the Instinct's case since practically nothing has changed about the Instinct.

Old videos are.... old.

The phone updates have been for almost every single application on the phone. It's barely even the same device anymore.

Journeyman

@underscore wrote:

@ARob1979 wrote:

@TonyBravo wrote:

Old videos are.... old.

The phone updates have been for almost every single application on the phone. It's barely even the same device anymore.

Really? You tell a difference in almost every single app on the phone? It's barely even the same device anymore? Give me a break.

Journeyman

@ARob1979 wrote:

@TonyBravo wrote:

Yes I do know what it means,funny you should say that because noah is one of the most biased reviewers out there.Just like engadget.They both will favor the iphone over any phone,no matter what.It's as if they're getting paid for it or something.I was suprised when he said it wasn't a complete work if sh!t.Yes the phone has changed that much,if you haven't noticed the changes then you sir might be the one with a bad lemon,as for mine.It has been working without major flaw since i first got it.The updates just bettered my phone not fixed it.So yes i also think the words of the people here,are more powerful than what some douche at phonedog has to say.Especially considering that we've had the phone longer.Oh and i think most of us here use every feature on the phone we can,if not then there wouldn't be so many complaints.You might have not noticed but we're all a bunch of phone geeks here. haha.

Journeyman

@TonyBravo wrote:

@ARob1979 wrote:

@TonyBravo wrote:

Yes I do know what it means,funny you should say that because noah is one of the most biased reviewers out there.Just like engadget.They both will favor the iphone over any phone,no matter what.It's as if they're getting paid for it or something.I was suprised when he said it wasn't a complete work if sh!t.Yes the phone has changed that much,if you haven't noticed the changes then you sir might be the one with a bad lemon,as for mine.It has been working without major flaw since i first got it.The updates just bettered my phone not fixed it.So yes i also think the words of the people here,are more powerful than what some douche at phonedog has to say.Especially considering that we've had the phone longer.Oh and i think most of us here use every feature on the phone we can,if not then there wouldn't be so many complaints.You might have not noticed but we're all a bunch of phone geeks here. haha.

Maybe they favor the iPhone because, dare I say, it's better? Don't mistake bias for preference.

And if the updates are "fixing" the issues, why are people complaining so much even still? I still don't know what you're referring to that has been fixed so well. Nav was rolled back, VVM still has outages, and Handmark apps still fail to update all the time. But the Instinct as it is today is so different from when those YouTube videos were shot?

Message Edited by ARob1979 on 10-14-2008 03:15 PM

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat