cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ringer Solution - Samsung Instinct HD

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a Samsung HD Instinct and I JUST figured out how to get the ringtones to my phone.  I took the time to write these directions b/c it was so frustrating not finding any answers.  Let's see if Sprint allows this post to stay open.  They obviously want to make us buy their ringtones.

Okay, so it is a long, pain-in-the-a$$ journey but it can be done. 

Here is the way:

Go to www.myxer.com (or whatever website you get your ringtones from).

Save the ringtone to your computer. 

[On myxer.com set up a free acct and click "Get Ringtone" on the ringtone you want. Enter your phone number and click "Next" At the bottom of the next pop-up screen it says "Other Download Methods."  Click "Download to PC" Click "Download File" on the next screen. Click 'Save' and save the mp3 file to your computer in Music, or my documents, etc.]

Now you MUST go to: www.ventones.com and set up a free account

Click "Phone Uploader" from the left side of the screen.

Click "Browse"

Locate and open the mp3 ringtone filed you saved to your computer

Click "Upload"

Name the file whatever you would like next to "File name:"

Click "send to phone"

This next part is important:

You will receive a text message BUT it will not provide you with the link you need (at least for me it didn't).

The information you need is still on your computer screen.

After you click "Send to phone" a new screen will display a web address (http://wap.ventones.com/gcd/.....)

Access the web on your new Samsung Instinct HD.

Type that link out (long and annoying - I know)

An "Untrusted Warning" will be displayed saying "This is non-trusted file..." 

Click "Continue"

Click "Set As"

Click "Contact ID" or "Voice Calls" or whatever. 

This will save the ringer to your Samsung Instinct HD! 

Now you can go "My Stuff" on your phone and "Ringers" and they will show up!!

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: Ringer Solution - Samsung Instinct HD

sprint has stopped this method as well

Journeyman

This work i have downloaded about five songs so far.

Journeyman

Thanks for the method it really helped. Listening to the defaults all the time is terrible.

Journeyman

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!

Journeyman

This didn't work for me. When I typed in the address, all it did was play the song.

Journeyman

Me too =(

Journeyman

I just tried this..and it worked great! the only thing that almost threw me off, was after entering in my sign up information, it took me to a page that said enter your cell number and receive a pin, I clicked under terms and conditions, and it was a totally different site trying to charge money. I then just had to click on the home button at the top of the web page to go back to the beginning and click on the phone loader. this is so great, its really pissed me off that they charge so much when you already buy the music. i have a android that allows me to download any ringtone anytime, so I just uploaded those to my gmail account and saved them that way. thanks again. your awesome

RB

Journeyman

uuggghh!! MY Instinct Stoped downloading songs it will allow me to purchase songs but not Down LOAD SEEMS Like the CRAPPY PHONE IS NOT SUPPORTING Down lOads not even from the sprint MUSIC STORE AS OF 3/16/11 aahhh I hate this!! and it only happens with SPRINT NEVER IN MY LIFE HAVE I HAD SO MUCH Problems with these phones we already had our phones Replaced TWICE!!! and the pbroblem is not fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Journeyman

Thank you so much - this is THE ONLY solution that I have found in getting ringtones, mp3, and picture media to download to the Instinct HD M-850.  Hard to find this answer, but well worth it!

Journeyman

Thank you sooo much. I have been trying to find a way to ring tones forever!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat