Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ringer volume

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ringer volume

My two year contract with Sprint is up in October. I currently have older model katana. Its a good phone,but the ringer volume is awful. If its in my workpants which have deep pockets or I sit in down speaker side, I cannot hear it at all. This annoys me to no end.

Are the instinct ringers loud. I will probably be downloading ringtones and I want to be able to hear them whenever the phone is nearby

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Ringer volume

The ringer volume on the Instinct ranges from 1-8, it is fairly loud depending on the ringer you have selected.  When downloading ringers this can affect the volume as higher tones will carry louder and longer and may seem to be louder.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ringtone wise it's pretty good. Before the iPhone 3g came out, one of my friends was heavily disappointed in his iPhone when he heard my Instinct ringers and music. It is also worth noting that in the dark, the Instinct had a brighter screen than first gen iPhone, but outside in the sun, the iPhone's screen does much better.

I used Coldplay - Clocks for my g/f's ringtone on my A900, but it was hard to hear on the Instinct for some reason. I switched it over to Coldplay - Scientists and that did better, but now she has Requiem For A Tower which is a tad too loud 🙂 So it really comes down to the ring tone you use, or you could take one that's kind of low and raise volume using Audacity.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the replies. I made the mistake of not checking the Katana's volume before I signed a new contract. I can burp louder than my Katana.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i had the 1st gen. katana and i to hated the ringer volum...

i had the 1st gen. katana and i to hated the ringer volume i could not hear the phone in my pocket on level 8. i got the instinct i was able to hear the ring tones from my bestbuy sales rep that had one. i have the instinct set at 6 and have it in the case that came with it and in my pocket also. i hear it just fine in the,at work i also work in a supermarket in the deli area with all the machines, ovens and exhust fans going i can still hear the instinct with no problem. and the sound is way better that the katana

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat