cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S30 Touch Screen Unresponsive

S30 Touch Screen Unresponsive

On Friday (today's Sunday), my Instinct S30 suddenly stopped responding when I would touch any buttons on the bottom of the phone or on the screen.  I thought it was connected to the Sprint Network issues happening in the Milwaukee area, but it suddenly worked fine all day today until this evening.  Now I can take the battery out, restart the phone, etc, and nothing happens.  I can receive calls and texts, but I can't push any of the buttons on the screen to read a text or answer the phone.  I don't think the touchscreen is broken because it worked a few hours ago.  Is this connected to the network issues with Sprint in Milwaukee?  Is it the phone?  Is the the software on the phone?  Although Saturday, it said that it had the most recent update when I tried to update the software.  Is anyone else having this issue?

25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

Re: S30 Touch Screen Unresponsive

I think there is an update or something because I live in Clemson, Sc and my S30 was totaly nonresponsive, my friends could call and txt me, but i couldn't respond.  I tried to reset by taking out the battery and it didn't work.

Journeyman

I am experiencing the same problem this morning!  I also reside in SC...

Journeyman

Hello,

Was this question about the Touch Screen Unresponsive resolved or any answers/tips about it? I live in TX and both my phone and son's touch screen freezes up and when I press the HOME icon it calls to a random number on my speed dial! If by any chance I can finally get to my home screen, I can't view my emails or text messages. When someone calls, I can't end call. VERY frustrating!

Journeyman

I am also having troubles with my screen. At times it does not respond at all. At other times

it seems to shift to the right. If you touch the right side, you activate the button directly to the

left of it. It comes and goes at random and is rather annoying. Does anyone know if this is a

hardware or software problem?  I took it to the store and it worked fine while I was there.

I talked to a woman at Customer Service today.  She said that because it is sporadic, it doesn't sound like a hardware issue but rather a software issue.  She said I could sync all of my data onto my computer and reset the phone.  Or I could take it into the sprint store.  I'm going to try the syncing first, as she said that will fix it if it's a software issue, especially because this just started on Friday (today's Monday).  Of course when I talked to her on the phone, my Instinct S30 started working again :-(

Journeyman

Yesterday evening, my phone started working again! What is the deal! I'm scared to even touch it! I was ready to throw it against the wall. lol

Yeah, I don't know.  After resetting my phone, it works now too.  Well, it did until today now it's acting weird again.  I just don't get it, and no one at sprint seems to get it either.  Did you do something to get it to work?

Journeyman

I had it in my purse and took it out to mess with it and maybe throw it against the tile floor lol and it went back to normal and I placed it down on my table like it was going to explode and left it there. I checked my text mssgs really quick and emails and left it alone. So I carry it like it's very fragile. It's still working today. Don't know what I did to it to make it work again (maybe my thoughts scared it) I have a feeling it's going to do the same thing again.

Have you had more issues, because now my phone is doing the same thing?  I've reset it many times, and it just keeps doing it.  The warranty expired a month ago.  Oye!

My question has now been answered, and I hope that yours will too, at least about the touchscreen.  I took it into a repair center today.  It seems as the sensors under the screen broke, and Sprint no longer stocks the parts to fix it, so I am getting a new phone for free because I had the Total Equipment Protection on my plan.  So if you have the "insurance" on your plan, take it in.  You'll get a new phone for free.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Glad to read you're getting a new phone! But it sucks that they didn't have the parts to it. I don't think we have that Insurance 'cause we never thought that this would happen and never had problems with cell phones breaking down like this. My phone is working like I never had problems.with it. I don't put it in my pockets anymore! lol My son's phone is going nuts! It called my other son's phone without touching it! haha It's possessed! ;D We're up for upgrade next year! So I believe my son will have to use his old Katana cell phone for now. Thanks for your replies!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat