cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S30 Touch Screen Unresponsive

Re: S30 Touch Screen Unresponsive

You're right about the insurance part.  I never paid for it because I thought it was a waste of money.  However, my last touchscreen phone had the same issue, and I didn't have the insurance, so I needed to buy a new phone.  It sucked.  It was $300 I didn't have.  Now the $7 a month is very much worth it for a free phone.  My phone is also calling people randomly in the middle of the night.  It is freaky.  I hope my replacement comes tomorrow.

Journeyman

My touchscreen is now unresponsive...I can't believe this phone ! Wish I  never bought it...

I am unclear how to get this repaired if at all...

Debbi...

If you have insurance or not, take your phone to a Sprint repair shop.  You can find a location via the web site.  If you have insurance, it will be free to repair.  Otherwise, I think it costs $35.  $35 is still cheaper than $350 for a new phone.  That's my advice.  Sorry it's not much.

http://www.sprintstorelocator.com/search.aspx?INTNAV=ATG:HESmiley Frustratedtore

That's the link to find a repair center.  Just be sure to click the option to search for repair centers.

Good luck!

Journeyman

My phone is working now (fingers crossed). I don't put it in my pockets anymore. That helped I guess! But my son's phone was still going beserk and it even called his own phone number! He answered it and it was his own voicemail LOL And plus, it was calling random numbers on his contacts. So he transfered his number to an old phone we had which was the Katana flip phone. I don't think we'll get these "touch screens" anymore :/ We're getting new phones when it's time to update.

Journeyman

My wife owns a Sprint Instinct S30.

Her touchscreen was non-responsive.

I read this...and it works...at least temporarily:

=====

ok just for your information -- i took the phone in today

the tech just ran his fingernail around the side of the screen - apparently it gets stuck sometimes -

working now

but if it happens to you - thats how you fix it

Journeyman

That technique did not work for me. How did he actually do it? My phone is unresponsive at times yet it may respond but it/s a delay and certain buttons may or may not work :-(

Journeyman

Here is what I did to my wife's phone.

I slid the nail on my right thumb in the seam  between the touchscreen and its case. I went as far around the entire edge of the screen as I could. I worked hardest on the right edge of the phone--and immediatedly the phone began to work properly.

So  something is 'sticking' behind the touchscreen...that in our case  seemed  to render the whole phone (except for one 'button' near the top) unresponsive.

After the thumbnail trick, which in essence lifts the touchscreen from the  phone a bit...everything works.

I fully expect the problem to reoccur. I read somewhere on some  forum that Sprint will repair the screen for about 30 bucks. We have until August 1 before our contract  is up...I hope we can nurse the phone until then.

I hope this helps.

Journeyman

Thank you SOOOO much.  I've been experiencing issues with the frozen screen on and off for the past year and this worked right away.

Journeyman

Thanks so much. It worked like a charm for me.

Journeyman

That actually worked I did it  I wish I would have read the reviews before I switched back to my old phone.

Journeyman

This has happened soooo much to my husband and I and my husband needs his phone for work.  We called Sprint and I spent over an hour on the phone trying to fix his phone, brought it to the Sprint Store, they worked on it.  It worked for an hour and the screen became nonresponsive again, it was brought back to the Sprint Store and they "cleaned" it, but we still have the same problems with both phones.  I would recommend that you don't buy a Instinct s30.  They are not reliable. At anytime the screen becomes nonresponsive and it'll take hours or minutes for them to come back online. Nothing works removing batteries, recalibrating, nothing will work but time.

Journeyman

Yes, i'm having this issue too. I took my phone to the repair center and the guy there reset my phone (about 2 weeks ago). Now, it's acting up again and the calibration is messed up too when it does work. When i try to calibrate it, it wont let me hit the center of the 2nd target you have to hit.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat