cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SETTING UP EMAIL...CAN ANYONE HELP??

Highlighted
Patron

SETTING UP EMAIL...CAN ANYONE HELP??

I have comcast and have been reading all the boards and understand that there is a serious problem being able to send email out. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to set up my email to even receive. Iam very computerilliterate and I am totally confused. Is there anyone out there that can possibly walk me through it? The order I did things were

MORE

OTHER POP

MY EMAIL ADDRESS

MY PASSWORD

UNDER SETUP NEW ACCOUNT INCOMING MAIL SERVER:

COMCAST.NET

PORT ADDRESS: 110

USE SSL: OFF

ACCOUNT NAME: WORRYWART24-7

OUTGOING MAIL SERVER:

COMCAST.NET

PORT ADDRESS:25

USE SLL: OFF

USE SMPT: ON

It then goes to network request and I get the error #S7122

I don't know what to do. I looked up my port address on my comcast email on my PC and the numbers are the same.

Any help out there??

Tags (4)
23 REPLIES 23
Journeyman

Under incoming the right address should be pop.comcast.ne...

Under incoming the right address should be pop.comcast.net, and smpt.comcast.net for outgoing.

Patron

Re: Under incoming the right address should be pop.comcast.ne...

Thanks Dragon...it worked!!!

Journeyman

Re: SETTING UP EMAIL...CAN ANYONE HELP??

ok what does ssl and smpt mean?

Journeyman

and also.. does pop for incoming and smpt for outgoing work for any email?

Journeyman

I CAN'T SEEM TO GET MY EMAIL ACCT SET UP (COMCAST.NET) IT...

I CAN'T SEEM TO GET MY EMAIL ACCT SET UP (COMCAST.NET) IT SAYS TO CHECKS USERNAM & PASSWORD BUT I KNOW THEIR CORRECT. WHAT ABOUT THE 2ND USER NAME, WHAT EXACTLY SHOULD I BEEN PUTTING

Journeyman

I have comcast also and i can recive just fine but have p...

I have comcast also and i can recive just fine but have problems sending. I wanted to test it so i sent a test email from my phone to my work email and I got the error message but 10 min later my work email recived it.

Journeyman

For comast people, if you are having send issues, I have...

For comast people, if you are having send issues, I have optimum which is a cable company internet as well. I had the same issue and it was due to the ISP locking port 25 try changing the port to 587. Someone suggested under a different thread and that cleared the issue for me. Hope this helps.

Journeyman

The 2nd username is the same as the first one. For exampl...

The 2nd username is the same as the first one. For example, the first one should have doej@comcast.net, and the 2nd is doej & below the password.

Journeyman

What about Bellsouth.net. How do you edit address already...

What about Bellsouth.net. How do you edit address already put in but stopped working?

Journeyman

I have resolved my email problem. It now works perfectly.

I have resolved my email problem. It now works perfectly.

Journeyman MrC
Journeyman

I have a qwest email account and I am also having issues with setting up my instinct. I took it in to the sprint store and the techs were of no help. I use pop3.live.com with port 995 for my incoming server and smtp.live.com with port 25 for my outgoing server. I set both incoming and outgoing servers to SSL and set the smtp auth. to on (btw i've tried every combination of settings with the SSL & SMTP auth). I get the error message S7118 check your user name and password (which I am 100% certain is correct). Any help would be appreciated.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat