cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLUTION for Instinct Browser Crash

Highlighted
Journeyman

I thought so too. But I just found a forum topic for peop...

I thought so too. But I just found a forum topic for people who haven't had any of these problems. Maybe some of you guys just got a defective phone (or two)? I am wondering if some of the browser settings might have an adverse effect on how it works. Maybe we should all check and see what our settings are and compare them....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: I thought so too. But I just found a forum topic for peop...

@jrdhmmr wrote:
I thought so too. But I just found a forum topic for people who haven't had any of these problems. Maybe some of you guys just got a defective phone (or two)? I am wondering if some of the browser settings might have an adverse effect on how it works. Maybe we should all check and see what our settings are and compare them....

If you keep using your browser, you will hit it one day and it will never be the same until you do master reset or until a firmware upgrade fixes it for good. No one knows what triggers the browser crash problem but it could be any phone. They all have the same software! Just hope that you don't get it until they fix it in the software update...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: SOLUTION for Instinct Browser Crash

Has Sprint said anything about fixing this problem? Mine did not start until about a week ago and I have had my phone since launch.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have not heard a confirmation. However, like others, I am hoping it is fixed within the next 7 days.

Maybe someone else on here can give more detail.

Highlighted
Wizard

After getting quite frustrated with the crashing problem, I remembered that when I linked to a site that I had searched from google, the website would load in some sort of "Google shell".

The site that always crashed my instinct was yelp.com. How I was able to access the site was first opening google, then entering yelp in the search line. I was then able to link to Yelp and log in without experiencing any crashes as long as I stayed within the "Google shell".

Please try it out and post your results.

Craig

Highlighted
Journeyman

@dparente74 wrote:
Has Sprint said anything about fixing this problem? Mine did not start until about a week ago and I have had my phone since launch.

The closest I have seen Sprint get to even remotely acknowledging awareness of this problem was when someone started moaning about it on the Dev forum and they asked for more details, which I provided to them in a long exhaustive description. I was one of the June 19th buyers and mine has had this problem since about the 5th day. I definitely won't bother doing a Master Rest, since the problem has been shown to reappear after a few days as I suspected.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat