cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Instinct Story - Run From This Phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Instinct Story - Run From This Phone

So I purchased  an Instinct last year. First problem was that sprint was happy to start deleting Tv stations. Next problem was that I paid for a case for the phone and never received it. Next problem was the speaker sounding like it was going to explode at random intervals. About two months ago the touch screen started some strange behaviour where you touch an icon and the screen freezes for about 20 seconds and then goes to the app you chose. I use the GPS daily, about a month ago the "recent places" function quit working, kept getting an error that it could not sync with the recent places web site. next thing that happens; keyboard (abc, not qwerty) would be glad to display a b when a was pushed or a 2 when 1 pushed. Calibrated screen several times, made no difference. Downloaded all software updates, still would not work right. Last straw was this morning, phone tells me that there is an email software update, I download and install it, it tells me that it appears that my password has changed and proceeds to lock me out of the email. I reset the phone, what a mistake! Because of the problems with the keyboard I cannot enter my name, email addy or password. Now I have a very expensive paperwieght.

Call customer service this morning, this is the part where the story gets really good. Seriously. Tell customer service rep all of the above, he says they are sending me a new phone at no cost. I about fell out of my chair! He isn't arguing or anything, just tells me I am getting a new phone at no cost. I am stunned. Seems that Sprint is starting to understand the value of good customer service, now they need to start understanding the value of selling a quality product. As an aside, I recently got the Palm Pre. I hope I don't have all the problems with it that I have had with this piece of junk Instinct.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Instinct Story - Run From This Phone

I got the first instinct pink for $49 and realized its more basic that my research led me to believe i should have went with the lotus but nooooo I wanted a freaking totally touch screen phone.

Message was edited by: mamahnita

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Instinct Story - Run From This Phone

well that was lightning fast. Sprint overnighted me a phone, battery and a charger. So far I have only found one glich in this phone. For some reason i cannot associate any pics with my contacts. Oh well, 1 glitch is better than many.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat